Chapter 18

"Where do you place the blame? On the creators or the result?" - MiniKoontzy

In a vibrantly sunny Sunday afternoon, the Forgotten Society from all sectors are gathering at the front of the Grand Palace at the Recreational District. A stage is made at the entrance of the castle and Doug, Jimmy and Goddard, and CC. Timmy are standing side by side with Doug by the podium in front of a large crowd.

Peridot among the audience: What in the name of my Diamond is going on this time?

Phoebe: Oh, hi Peridot. Doug made an announcement that there's gonna be a speech from Jimmy.

Peridot: A speech..? For what?

Phoebe: I don't know.

Doug: Welcome toons of the Forgotten Society! I gather you all here today for a special speech about our coming plans from the genius known as, Jimmy Neutron!

The audience erupts in roaring cheers for him as he stands before them in Doug's place. Quickly, everyone silence themselves like a crowd hearing a gunshot. Phoebe and Peridot meanwhile are standing curiously, along with Dexter, Jasper, Timmy, and Goddard who immediately face their attention back to Jimmy, who's looking suspiciously stoic for his normal relaxed type of feel. Although, he still maintains his signature smile until he finishes his first sentence...

"I'm Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius! ...Those were the very same words I've been repeating for the past 20 years since my conception. And it was true...for a while. All of you know me especially as the leader and founder of the hero organization known as 'the Toon Force.' And we sought to put an end to the war abruptly started by the Syndicate. Calamitous, Vlad Plasmius, Denzel Crocker...all three of them held responsible for a war we've had to bear. But I've come to realize something about them and myself for what I see in front of me today. Each of you have, to a certain degree, been victimized in the conflict for over 5 years. And for some, if not most in this, Forgotten world, have lost what you knew and cherished as we've failed to live up to our ideals. ...To save those who need saving. I was no genius back then. I was a pawn. I was playing the Syndicate's game, going for them much of the time and letting them corrupt those whom we could have rescued and kept as heroes. I may be accepted now. But I cannot live with the thought of my act of leaving you all behind. And I hereby toss away my old ways of helping those crossed over with us in our now dead team in favor of helping you. The TRUE cartoons!"

With his last two lines, Jimmy raises his jetpack, containing any remaining gadgets he has at his disposal, and tosses it to the left of him off the stage to Goddard's amazement. Timmy squints confusingly at Jimmy's tone as the crowd start clapping and cheering for a moment before Jimmy raises his hand only slightly getting back into what he was saying.

"Allow me to reiterate the story of the Toon Wars told to me by the one and only Phoebe Heyerdahl, and your ever fantastic leader, Doug Funnie."

Phoebe raising an eyebrow: ...?

"The Syndicate, or rather the anomaly that was the Syndicate had broke the Fourth Wall. They've seen through the barrier into the real world for a short time, finding that the multiverse of which we live in is all a construct for public entertainment among the masses. Each of you have been on air at one point in history, as far back as the early 1900's to the 2000's. But somewhere in time, you had to end. Either on your own terms, or by force with an axe. ...I've been one of the earliest pilots of this modern generation. And I've experienced great creativity throughout every last one of my adventures. However, there was always the looming nature of the companies that own the rights to us. And it's the drive that keeps every business going. Monetization."