Chapter 26

Spongebob Squarepants Episode 1: Help Wanted

Bubbles rise in the water next to the coral reef under the deep blue sea. In a neighborhood relatively deserted compared to the rest of town, a brown rock, a Moai head, and a pineapple to be exact, is the home of a certain yellow sponge with a talent unseen.

"Ah, the sea... so fascinating. So wonderful. Here, we see Bikini Bottom, teeming with life. Home to one of my favorite creatures, SpongeBob SquarePants. Yes, of course he lives in a pineapple, you silly."

Spongebob, sleeping in his bed already with his work clothes on is awoken by the large alarm clock with a horn next to him. He clicks it off and climbs up the ladder attached to his bed.

Spongebob: Today's the big day, Gary.

Gary: Meow.

Spongebob jumping off a diving board: Look at me, I'm... (Leaps off and loses underwater) ...NAKED!

Spongebob lands in newer work clothes like the ones he was wearing in a small gym-like area in front of a bar with two pink teddy bears on either side.

Spongebob: Gotta be in top physical condition for today, Gary.

Gary: Meow.

Carefully, SpongeBob takes two deep breaths, puffs up his chest and lifts the teddy barbell, only to lose his balance after a few seconds from the not-so heavy weight of it. He drops it, followed by a light "squeak" from it. Now he is ready. While chanting "I'M READY" repeatedly outside his pineapple house, his best friend, Patrick, pulls up his rock with him still attached to the flat underside of it.

Patrick raising his hand: Go, SpongeBob! (Slips off)Whoa! (Falls and crashes)

Eventually, SpongeBob reaches a short distance near the Krusty Krab where he stops to admire the scenery.

Spongebob with beaming eyes: There it is. The finest eating establishment ever established for eating: The Krusty Krab, home of the Krabby Patty. With a Help Wanted sign in the window! For years I've been dreaming of this moment. I'm gonna go in there, march straight to the manager, (Looks at reader) look 'im straight in the eye, lay it on the line and GET THAT JOB!

As SpongeBob continues while confidently shouting "I'm ready," his moody neighbor Squidward is quietly cleaning graffiti shaped like his face with "loser" written on it at one of the restaurant's windows. He hears SpongeBob running towards the building and lets out a tired sigh.

Squidward: Oh no, SpongeBob. What could he possibly want? (Turns to "Help Wanted Sign") Hm... (Raises eyebrow)

Spongebob running past Squidward: Hi Squidward!

Squidward: Yellow.

Mr. Krabs is resting at the boat with the cash register with money in his claws when he is quickly awoken by SpongeBob opening both entrance doors of the eating area.

Spongebob: Permission to come aboard, captain! (Deep voice) I've been training my whole life for the day I could join the Krusty Krew (Switches to normal voice) and now I'm ready.

As soon as SpongeBob steps foot in the building, he trips on a nail protruding from the floorboard. He falls and bounces rapidly across the ceiling, the walls, and the floors, ricochets while getting faster until he eventually rolls to his back in a complete stop facing Mr. Krabs and Squidward, who had just stepped inside.