Chapter 30

Mighty Magiswords Season 2 Episode 24: The Lanolion Sleeps Tonight

In the Sheepy Jungles, after several hours wandering the enormous patches of wool strewn throughout the open fields, the Warriors for Hire and Catty-Rumpus reach a dead end in the middle of the mountains. Prohyas has his map open trying to find a way around, but to no avail. Now, along with his sister, he knows he truly screwed himself over by trying to impress the two felines who needed the inspiration.

Prohyas: Ok. It's official. We're lost.

Familiar: I knew it.

A gush of wind blows by with an ominous sound resembling that of a creature of sorts howling with an almost electronic harmony only she and her brother seem to hear.

Bimm: Wait, what was that...?

Suddenly, Vambre covers Prohyas' lips and drags him over to the distance to speak to him privately. Meanwhile, Bimm and Familiar look to each other in curiosity over the sound but are cut off seeing Vambre venting and dramatically posing in front of her brother, who's looking just as nervous as she is.

Bimm: Wow... (Faces Familiar) It's incredible watching them work.

Familiar: Well that's one way to put it. I... (Changes to more serious tone) I don't know what that sound was, but it didn't sound friendly.

Bimm: No it didn't. I thought it was rather robotic. You think it could be a machine nearby? (Puts hands behind back) I don't like messing with those...

Familiar: Could be. But lately, I've been spazzing out of my comfort zone doing things that I swear I don't have any control over. It's like, my mind just shuts off and my body does the rest.

Bimm: You mean like on our first day at class?

Familiar: Yeah. I don't get why I do it. It just happens. I didn't even know I was that strong for a tyke. Makes V an' P over there look like they're still in school too, am I right? Hehe.

Bimm taking out her notepad: Well, their rules contradict each other. And their navigation goes against everything taught at the... (Tosses notepad) You know what? Forget I said that.

Familiar stepping to a bush: Hey look.

Familiar dives into the wooly bushes near the trees and picks up a grey sheep-like creature with large beady eyes, a long raccoon tail, mouse ears, and mouse paws with blue stripes on its arms.

Familiar: I've found a thing! I'm not so sure what it is, but it's something!

Scarily behind Familiar, hundreds of distinct growls whistle through the trees and shrubs. Familiar lets go of the creature when it honks his nose and runs off when numerous orange eyes open in the shadows.

Familiar shaking: U-uh... Vambre! Prohyas?!

Vambre holding Prohyas by the collar continuing her rant: Which is why we must be HEROES!

With a sound of a whip in the background, one of the creatures behind the bushes is tossed between Vambre and Prohyas and runs off terrified as Familiar and Bimm brush themselves off among other worried animals scurrying away. Although Bimm has her Ball of Yarn Magisword out with one of the strings extended as though it were used.

Familiar: Thanks. Good thing you still got that trusty Magisword.

Bimm: Yep. But I think I shouldn't have done that. (Turns to a cave) Some of them scurried into the cave.