Chapter 31

Samurai Jack Season 5 Episode 2

In the afternoon at daylight in the autumn, one lone stoic white wolf walks along a straightforward path in the open among the tall light red trees. Leaves fall and ladybugs fly along the flowers on the edges of the cleared dirt road. Soon, the beast crosses a log above a river and stops on his journey to assess a fork in the road. For a few seconds, he glares off at the options without ever changing his expression. At first, he turns his attention to the left of him. But at the second he juts his neck forward to start walking, he freezes. Instead, he second guesses himself and rolls his eyes back to the right path where he blinks rather aggressively. With his mind made up, he begins a sprinting maneuver to the right of him. Far from his journey, the armored grey Samurai, along with his alien student Momotaro and the assassin droid, Scaramouche, ride on their motorbike along a wide open forest until they reach a complete stop in the middle of a huge field surrounded by the grey trees in the calm cold weather. The clouds away from the autumn forests next door are almost frosty. But this doesn't bother either of the warriors departing their vehicle. Without a word, Scaramouche puts on a smile and quietly trots into the trees to the west of them as Jack prepares his sword and leaves his gatling gun disconnected from his motorbike.

Momo: Is...something wrong, master?

Jack: It is funny.

Momo: Huh..?

Jack: I recall what happened in the future. (Looks at his sword) This sword was forged from a holy power, and yet...

Momo: Hey, my sword was messed up too. All it took were a few jabs to nearly shatter it to pieces. But it's ok. We still have a fighting chance with it.

Jack: Yes. And, your real name is Hali. Forgive me if I'm not remembering this correctly, but that was your name before meeting Ms. Watterson?

Momo: It was. But I liked it when you called me Momotaro. I thought it was cuter than Hali.

Just when the young Momotaro concludes her sentence, a distant but loud boom, along with the sounds of clanging metal, blazes in the trees without spreading any fires. Out comes Scaramouche from the trees with his dagger in hand and a grin maintained.

Scaramouche: Don't ya worry about a thing, Sammy. I took care of that beetle drone for ya.

Jack: Excellent.

Momo: One less baddie to deal with. Now all we gotta do is wait for Ashi and her sisters to try and kill us.

Jack: Assuming the time it took to get here, they should arrive about one minute from now. Be ready for them, young Master.

Momo: I will. But they just want you, don't they?

Suddenly, Momo fastily swurves her body to the left facing away from her master, slicing an incoming long black chain into pieces with her blade, almost faster than the naked eye! The broken kusarigama falls only an inch from Jack's boots when he stands firmly next to the bike, blade first to the ground.

Jack: To answer your question...yes.

Scaramouche taking out his dagger: Heads up! (Smacks tree)

With the vibration on his dagger still in motion, the tree pulses until the frequency comes to a halt, and the wood combusts, causing a dark shade to flick from the branches to the bushes below. This gives Scaramouche the opportunity to accurately guard himself from an incoming swing from a black kanabo held by a dark figure with a round white mask on. His dagger clashes with the other assassin's 4 swings before another daughter arrives with a twin sai slashing the both of them at him rapidly. When another daughter with a long naginata charges seconds away to gutting Jack, Momo cancels the attack with a chop from her sword to the blade of the weapon, elbowing the enemy in the stomach! Another person, now wielding twin butterfly swords, lands firmly in front of the samurai master and begins clashing her weapons at him, blocked by his removed shoulder guards.