Chapter 50 - "Finally."

This will probably be the longest chapter I've ever written. Why? Because firstly, I wanted this sequel to have as many chapters as the first book, and secondly; because it's the last chapter.

I really recommend going onto Instagram and follow the characters, as I'm going to post photos and videos on there, stuff I've saved for years just to post on their accounts. Because I started writing You're My New Nightmare in 2015 (!!), and I would love it if you showed the characters some love, and if you could read my thank you (and update, ooh don't miss!) message at the end of this chapter. xx

---

Previously in chapter 49:

"Well, sort of. You don't think you're the only one thinking about this stuff, do you? Fuck, I've even thought about baby names."

"You have?" I smiled.

"Yeah. If it's a boy I was thinking James, mainly because it's my middle name but also because it's your dad's name. But then I thought about Jonah, you know, from that character in your favourite book."

I giggled, feeling tears in my eyes.

"And here I was, thinking you'd freak out."

-------------------

July 23, 2022

It was Saturday, and we were in Paris. A month back we decided we would head back to London in the beginning of August, but not tell anyone. We originally said we'd come home around Christmas this year, but both of us were actually missing England, even though Niall refused to admit it. He quite liked being away from everything, despite the fact that people recognised him even in other countries. I think a part of him doesn't understand how "famous" he's getting. Or he chooses not to.

I was on the phone with Zara, wishing her a happy birthday when Niall came in from the balcony of our hotel room. He mouthed "I'm going out" while pointing at the door.

"Zara, can you hold on one minute?"

I took down my phone from my ear.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"You know how I've been buying souvenirs from all the countries we've been to, to give to my mom when we get back? I still need to get her something from France."

"Now?"

"Well, it's not so fun for me to watch you being on the phone." He grinned.

"Fine. But be back here in an hour? I'm gonna take a shower and I need you to put after sun cream on my back."

He laughed a little and walked over to me. With a quick kiss on the lips, he said goodbye and left.

"Sorry Zara, Niall was heading out."

"It's fine. I still can't believe we've been away from each other for eight months! You could be pregnant for all I know."

"Trust me, I'm not." I said, forcing a laugh.

Truth is, I'm still not in a position to get pregnant. I've been trying to get better and I've had monthly phone-meetings with doctors, and Niall, as always, has been so supportive. But every now and then I still forced myself to vomit, or simply just refused to eat.

"Prove it." Zara said and seconds later she switched to FaceTime.

I answered the video and waved at her.

"You're so tan! It's unfair!" She exclaimed. "It's been raining here for three days straight now."

I laughed.