My only sunshine |16| 2/2

Travis' POV

His voice trailed off into muffled sobs and sniffs, so I did the next verse for him

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping... I dreamed I held you in my arms... when I awoke dear, I was mistaken..."

my voice was raspy and soft. I couldn't talk louder than that. I opened my eyes slowly, to see a crying Sal, he had his prosthetic on and his bright blue eyes were teary.

"Travis...I'm so sorry.." I gave him a small smile, "it's not your fault..."

He rubbed his thumb over my knuckles, "of course it was my fault. Don't try to sugarcoat it for me.."

I frowned and moved my hand to his cheek, well...on the prosthetic of where his cheek would be.

He leaned into my hand, "Angel...you're the only thing that saved me."

He sniffed then chuckled, I could tell by the way his eyes crinkled that he was smiling, "you're such an idiot"

I laughed dryly, "ouch Fisher, that one hurt" I acted offended and he rolled his eye, putting his hand onto mine, "I like the other nickname a lot better"

I smiled, god he's so perfect

Sal's POV

I called Larry after I decided it was time to leave, he immediately picked up and bombarded me with questions
(I'll be using the 'S' and 'L' so it doesn't get confusing ;) )

L: SAL! FINALLY, ARE YOU OKAY? WHERE DID YOU GO? IVE BEEN SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU, YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I CALLED YOU LIKE 20 TIMES, WHY DIDN'T YOU PICK UP?
S: Larry...I'm at the hospital. Can you please come pick me up?
I heard a long sigh and a groan,
L:Yeah I can, but we're talking in the car
S: thank you Larbear...
L: of course blue, I'll cya in a few minutes.

I waited for him right outside the front doors of the hospital, it was cold and I didn't bring a jacket so I was freezing. I watched as he pulled up and got out of the car to signal me.

I walked to him and threw my arms around him, sobbing into his chest, he pet my hair and shushed me, "it's okay, Sal...everything will be okay..."

I nodded and wiped my eyes and he gave me a big gapped tooth smile. I smiled back and quickly walked around the front of the car to the passenger side, sliding into into my seat

I was shivering so Larry threw his red sweatshirt at me, "won't you get cold" I ask hugging it to my chest, "nah, I'll be fine."

I pulled it on, it was still warm and it smelled like Larry. It felt like a big hug.

We started to talk about what happened, and most of it was me venting about how it was my fault that Travis did this, he looked troubled the whole time I was crying and spitting out globs of words.

Larry's POV

God. Fucking. Damnit.

I'm a horrible person, first,  I tell him off because I'm jealous. Second, me telling him off makes him suicidal. Third, I did this in my interest, not even thinking about how it would affect them...

I hate this, I hate myself, all I wanted was Sal...to hold and love and cherish him. Nobody knows him like I do...nobody understands him like I do. He deserves so much that he doesn't have and I want to give it to him, I want to give him everything.

His smile just makes me instantly feel calm, his blue eyes show a beautiful storm of pain and love and I want to tell him that I love him...

I love him...

Sorry for the short conjoined chapters, but I hope you're enjoying the story! It's not even close to being done so don't worry about that, and if it does finish I'm sure I'll make a sequel if you guys want!

Vote it up and don't forget to take care of yourself 💝💝💝