Duchess Satine: That Girl Looks Familiar

There was a girl on the viewing platform. 

She looked so familiar, but I couldn't place where I knew her from. 

She watched me the entire time, blue eyes sparkling. 

The meeting went badly. They used a tampered message to gain support for the Republic invasion of Mandalore. I didn't bother to mask my displeasure. Padmé came up to me after. 

"I don't want to hear sympathy." I said curtly. 

"Noted. Also, there was a girl."

"A girl? What about her?"

I feel like this ties into the story of the girl on the platform. 

"Yes. Her name is Elodie. She's thirteen years old and is absolutely incredible. She made a case for your arguement when her teacher called her out for not paying attention."

Elodie. Where had I heard that name before? I couldn't place it and that irked me. 

"I just wanted to tell you about her so you could maybe keep an eye out for her. She's got real potential. Reminds me of you."

Reminds her of me. Why can't I place it? This is frustrating. I heard laughter and a group of students passed. Not a group, a stampede of kids. Padmé and I stopped to let them pass. Two girls, both fair-skinned, trailed the mass, talking with each other. One of them, in a blue and white striped dress, looked angry. 

"Why don't they believe the Duchess? She's the one that knows the man in the message better than anyone! You could tell it was tampered with, too! Did you see the Chancellor's smug look?!" She snarled. Her companion nodded. 

"I agree. It's unfair. But what are we going to do? Go up and yell at them? Even my trick of dying isn't going to work on that one." 

"I know, Lucy, but we have to try! I will not let them throw away lives like this! Ni can't let them vaabir ibic! Manda'yaim cuyir ner yaim!

Her voice cracked on the last sentence. I could tell her friend had no idea what she'd just said. I studied the girl, heart breaking for her pain. Padmé nudged me. 

"That's Elodie." 

"Te Chancellor cuyir an di'kut!" Elodie said, throwing her hands up. Lucy looked a bit confused. Mando'a. Elodie speaks Mando'a. If she speaks Mando'a, why is she from Naboo? Maybe she moved to Naboo from Mandalore? Maybe they taught it in school?

"Elek." I whispered to her as we passed. She nodded, arms folded. Padmé looked at me funny. I was deep in thought. Could it be? Could this Elodie have some connection to my biggest secret? She knows Mando'a, which is a clue.

"Elodie..." I murmured. She did look a lot like me, as Padmé said earlier. Could this be the daughter I had thirteen years ago? I certainly didn't give her the name Elodie. Then again, I didn't have enough time to name her. 

"Hmm?" Padmé asked, looking at me sideways. 

"Nothing. Just thinking about what I'm going to have to do." I lied. 

I have to find out more about this girl.