Elodie: Daily Agenda: Running for My Life.

Trying to get back to the apartment? 

Yeah, that was a disaster. 

"Do you kids run a lot?" Gwen yelled, shoving Lagos out of the way as a blaster bolt struck the ground. 

"Not really!" Korkie exclaimed, nearly tripping over a hobo. 

"They should start running for fun. It'll help in situations like this." Lucy grouched, running beside me. She was lagging behind, which wasn't a good sign.  I grabbed her arm to prevent her from getting shot. Vri grabbed my hand, pulling me ahead. 

"We should've brought a responsible adult with us." Soniee sighed. 

"You're realizing that just now?!" Lagos screeched as a plasma bolt whizzed past her ear. 

"We all make bad decisions, okay? Now we have to fix them!" I shouted, turning the corner. 

"How do we do that?" Amis asked. 

"By running fast and not dying!" I replied. 

"Good plan."

"Where are we running to?" Vri whispered. 

"Why are we whispering?" Lucy whispered.

"Run for the Temple. I know people there." I hissed, flinching as plasma grazed my leg. 

"We are not going to your father." Gwen commanded.

"Of course we're not going to my father!" Actually, that was literally my plan.

"You can't run forever!" one of the Death Watch men said. 

"You underestimate my speed," I told him. "And Gwen's accuracy. Hit him, Gwen."

Gwen lobbed her shoe at him, hitting his visor. That bought us time, but also bought us another shoe. My life kinda stinks right now if you haven't noticed. 

"This is fun," Vri grouched, kicking aside a broken pot while running. 

"Don't complain. We're getting our exercise in." Korkie said jokingly. 

"While the threat of death looms overhead." Lucy said, breathing a bit ragged. Gwen picked her up and slung her over her shoulder. 

"Nobody gets left behind." Gwen said, charging ahead. 

"This is much better." Lucy sighed. Then she made a strange cawing noise. We all looked at her like she was crazy. 

"On your left, dummies!" Lucy yelled. I grabbed the back of Soniee's shirt and yanked her sideways. A charred mark was left in the street soon after. 

"Thanks." Soniee breathed, a bit shocked by her not-death. 

"It's what friends do," was what I chose to go with.  She smiled at me. 

"Quit yapping and start running!" Gwen barked. Vri laughed. 

"I think the fruit looks good on him," she giggled, pointing behind us. I turned to see the Mando with fruit splattered across his chest. I cracked up, which made it harder to run. 

"Weeeeee!" Lucy yelled, bouncing along as Gwen ran. 

"There's the Temple!" Korkie gasped. 

"Thank the Force," Amis sighed, lagging behind. A shot from the Death Watch made him speed up. 

"You know what? Maybe if we weren't being chased by murderers, I'd say this was fun." I said, out of breath as I ran up the steps. 

"What're you talking about? This is fun!" Vri laughed.