Elodie: Art on the Walls and Loth Cats In Sunglasses

I followed Aileen through the streets of Corusca City. I kept my head down to avoid detection by those pesky police droids. Their face recognition systems could be trouble in more ways than one. 

"It's okay, Elodie. You're safe." Aileen whispered, offering me her hand. I looked up into her eyes. I saw something that I'd never seen before. She meant it. 

"Elek." I whispered, taking her hand and smiling. She'd fashioned an elegant chiton for me out of a lavender bedsheet. Aileen was very skilled at fashion and making clothing out of common household items.  

"Evanna's bound to have some clothes in your size. If you don't find anything you like, we can always go shopping." Aileen told me. 

"No, that's alright. I can manage." I said. Gwen rolled her eyes.

"She's not going to take no for an answer." Gwen said. Aileen shoved Gwen. Gwen shoved Aileen. I sighed. It's like being back in my old home on Naboo, except this time I'm with people I actually like. Maybe now is the time for me to stop being so closed off. Maybe I can be myself now.

Maybe I can let myself love.

"Ready, Gwennith?" 

"I'm as ready as anything, Leenie. Or do you prefer Ali." Gwen said with a malicious grin. Aileen rolled her eyes and shoved Gwen. Gwen shoved her back. 

"I prefer you both be known as stupid." I said, holding back a laugh. Gwen and Aileen looked at me in shock. I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. Aileen saw my joke and laughed, too. Gwen tried to hide a smile, but failed miserable. 

"I'm with stupid." Gwen joked, pointing to Aileen. 

"You're the stupid one here." Aileen protested, giggling. There's obviously something between them. They're both hiding it terribly. I let go of Aileen's hand and connected it with Gwen's hand. They were too busy with their friendly banter that they didn't even notice until I skipped ahead. I turned back, watching them look down at their intwined hands. They looked at each other and looked away, blushing furiously. They looked up to see me, arms folded and grinning. 

"You!" Gwen yelled, chasing after me. I squealed and ran away. Gwen chased me all the way to the hospital, catching me when I had to wait for the doors to open. She slung me over her shoulder and left me hanging upside down.

"Gwen! Gwen let me go! Lemmego!" I cried, laughing. Aileen ran up, using her card to unlock the doors. 

"Aileen help!" I exclaimed, trying to escape Gwen. Gwen just let me slip a little more. I screamed in terror and glee. 

"No thanks." Aileen said, poking my stomach. I wriggled around, trying to break free. Gwen finally put me down. I raced through the doors, eager to get away from Gwen before she rethought her decision. 

"Hi, how can I help you?" The woman at the front desk asked. Aileen came up beside me.

"Hey Evanna," she said cheerfully. So this is Evanna. I wasn't sure what to make of Evanna. She's tall, with gentle features and purple hair that was tied up in a bun. Her blue eyes were kind and sparkled in the light. I could detect some sadness in them, though.

"Aileen! Is this one yours?" Evanna asked, gesturing to me. 

"No. She's a friend of Gwen's." Aileen said. Gwen approached the front desk, suddenly shy. 

"Hey, Mom." Gwen said, waving awkwardly. Evanna leapt over the desk and hugged Gwen tightly . Aileen put a hand on my shoulder, smiling. 

"Gwennie, I missed you so much!" Evanna exclaimed, crying. Gwen was crying, too. But these are the tears of joy. I never thought I'd cry tears of joy until I got reunited with Momby, but here I am now, crying because Gwen and her stepmom are reunited.