Job Interview

Blake's P.O.V

Like Reece promised, he picked me up at exactly 6:45AM. He was with George and of course, he called shotgun. I climb in the back seat and we arrive at this little restaurant. Since it was pretty early, we decided to have breakfast there.

"So, are you nervous for this?" George asks.

"I'm fucking scared. We don't know her that well, G. Reece never let us hang out with her." I say.

"That's because she's always busy." Reece defends.

"Pfft. 'Always busy', my ass! If she's always so busy, why is she always at parties and she brings you with her almost every night at those parties?" George sassily asks with his arms crossed as he leans back on his seat.

"Those a company parties." Reece scoffs.

"Mate, you invited us to one of those parties and that's when we met her. Trust me, that didn't look like a company party. She was soooo wasted." I remind him.

"Ugh, fine. You guys win." Reece playfully rolls his eyes. Thankfully, our food is being brought to us right after Reece said that and we start to dig in.

*

I arrived at the building at exactly 8:00 AM with the super fucking long named drink that she wanted. Reece told me to text him when the interview's done so that he and George could pick me up. I took a deep breath and entered the building. I immediately walk to the receptionist to ask him where Y/N's office is.

"Are you Blake Richardson?" he asks.

"Uh, yeah." I say nervously.

"Okay. Her office is at the 20th floor." the guy says. I nod and start to leave, but I can't help but ask what her company actually is. George and I are really curious and Reece keeps rolling his eyes and won't tell us. Either he doesn't know it or he's tired of us asking and asking again.

"Um, sir? What exactly is she a CEO for?" I ask the guy, sort of scared of how he'll react and what he'll say.

He looks at me with his wide, green eyes and his jaw sort of dropping, "You seriously don't know? Or are you playing dumb?"

"I seriously and genuinely don't know." I say honestly.

"Oh my-" the guy says and pinches the bridge of his nose, "She's the CEO of a fashion company. This company is one of the hardest places to apply to; I'm lucky enough to be a receptionist here. Also, this company is ranked #1 in the fashion industry. You must really know fashion to get in here."

"Oh...okay. Thank you! 20th floor, yeah?"

"Yeah."

With that, I quickly walked to the elevator and pressed the button to the 20th floor. As soon as I did that, everyone started whispering.

"Is that the new guy she's dating?"

"He's so handsome! Are they dating?"

"Will he stay here for lunch?"

"Hmm...I've never seen him around before...maybe he's applying."

Wow. Office gossip is entertaining and I get to be their central topic! I'll just pretend that I don't hear them, so it's not awkward. Little by little, the people arrive at the floors they're going to until I'm the only one left in the elevator. Once the elevator doors open to the 20th floor, I get out and check the time. 8:10AM.

Huh, still early. 

I sit down on one of the comfortable chairs next to a desk which was next to a huge door and I assume that, that's her office. I look around and yawn a bit, because I'm all alone and it's so quiet and the hallway is air conditioned so it's cold as well. I rest my head on the sofa and begin to slowly drift to sleep. 

The nap was cut short, because of someone nudging me. I open my eyes to see the London girl herself!

"You know, Richardson, it's not very nice to sleep in a work environment. Lucky for you, it's just me and I know you and I'm in a good mood. Shall we go inside my office? Or do you want to continue your slumber out here?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I'd like to go inside your office."

"Splendid. Come with me." she smiles a bit and unlocks the door to her office. We get inside and she motions for me to sit on the chair in front of her desk. I do as I'm told as she sits on the other side of her desk, in front of me. 

She's really pretty and I've just noticed that now. Well, maybe because I've always seen her wasted and in dim lights dancing with Reece back when they were still together. She's different when she's sober. She looks...clean.

"Oh, here's your venti iced skinny hazelnut macchiato, sugar free syrup, extra shot, light ice, and no whip...drink." I say and hand her long named drink to her.

" I say and hand her long named drink to her

She smiles gratefully and thanks me. She takes the drink from me and takes a sip before setting it down.

"Give me your resume and application letter." she orders and I quickly hand it to her. She scans it and nods every now and then whilst doing so.

"So, you worked at a cafe. Can you bake?" she asks me.

"I'm still learning. I can bake cookies, though." I smile weakly. She nods and asks, "So, if I ask you to show up to work at 7:00 in the morning with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, would you be able to comply?"

"I'll, uh, I'll try." I stutter.

"You'll try?" she scoffs, "I need more than just trying. I need someone who's willing to do it even though it's out of their reach. That's what I'm looking for, Richardson. Since you want a job and I desperately need an intern ASAP, let's cut to the chase." She puts down the papers and rests her elbows on her desk and looks at me.

"Why should I hire you?"

"Because you're hiring and I need a job." I chuckle.

"...Well, in that case, we'll be in touch." Uh oh. I know what that means.

"WAIT! I was kidding! Y-You should hire me because..."

"If you have an answer, come back 2 days from now."

"Fine, then don't hire me. You need me more than I need you! There are plenty of jobs out there!" I gathered my things and turn to open the door when a voice stopped me.

"Honey, it's the other way around. YOU need ME more than I need YOU. There are plenty of people out there who want jobs. Here I am giving out opportunities. I was just asking why I should hire you as my personal assistant; what makes you different from the rest of them? If you have an answer, come back 2 days from now. I have a meeting that'll begin in a minute, so leave." With that, I left.

Geez, it's easier to get in a cafe than in an office. Why did I even try? But hey, I like a challenge.

* * * *

A/N: so what do ya think?