Different

Your P.O.V

My friends and I laugh at the story of the time my best friend, Y/B/N, commuted in New York City for the first time. It was hilarious!

We're on holiday in Paris right now and it feels so good to just reunite with great friends in a place full of love and art. It's nice to stay away from work for a while. After all, being a young CEO is very difficult. So, being away from London is great.

"Enough about me." Y/B/N chuckles, "Let's talk about Y/N." She looks at me and wiggles her eyebrows before sipping her champagne.

I playfully roll my eyes and say, "There's literally nothing to talk about. There's nothing new."

"Rumor has it that you and Reece are back together is that true?" One of my friends ask.

"Um, not really. He's great and all and my love for him will forever be present, but lately I've been feeling differently about him." I reply honestly.

"What do you mean?" Y/B/N asks, intrigued.

"Well, I don't think I want to get back together with him anymore." I state. I look at all of my friends and they all look at me in shock.

"Why?"

"You look great together!"

They all whine in chorus. I sigh and say, "People grow apart and I think it's time for both of us to move on. There are lots of fish in the sea and I want to explore. Besides, how are we sure that he's the one for me, when I've only ever been in two relationships? In my opinion, it's not like that."

"I don't blame you, though. You're right and it's different for a lot of people." Y/B/N looks at me with a small smile on her face.

The others nod their head and agree before changing the topic. I sit and ask myself if there was anything that went wrong. There wasn't any bad blood and we didn't fight or anything. I don't like anyone, but I haven't stopped thinking about Blake recently.

Maybe I'm just concerned, because I'm a good friend.

Or maybe I don't like anyone but I love someone.

If I do love someone, it couldn't be Reece, because I don't feel that way anymore. So, who?

Is it Blake? Do I love Blake?

* * * *

A/N: entering 2020 with this surprise update lmao