Savior

Adrien stood near his usual meeting place, very close to the door of the entrance, just so he could escape inside as soon as possible. He didn't want to speak to any one of his cowerkers unless they spoke first. He just looked at his watch and sighed every now and then as he waited for Alex. He didn't want to be around these people alone, he felt utterly bored and like he was going to cry from the fakeness. He felt like he just wanted to leave already.

He looked at the clock once more and sighed for god knows which time in thirty minutes. Alex was supposed to be here by now. He had no problems being here by himself, it's just that he preffered not to be alone. He didn't want Alex busting in the middle of The Judging, apologizing like a maniac, which he concluded he'd most likely do.

"Where's your little disciple, Mr. Marais?" He heard the oh so familiar voice.

He turned around to see that female judger once more. She went outside the entrance and let herself rest on the wall with her shoulder. He seemed to be seeing her more and more often. It's like she appeared everywhere he did, but always when he was alone. It almost felt like she was fixated on him.

"He's running late, unfortunately." Adrien sighed once again, at least half way happy he has someone decent to talk to now.

"These Judgings are so boring. It's like I get a copy pasted document every time I need to do my job." She spoke, crossing her arms.

Once Adrien took a closer look at her, he got somewhat... Scared. He didn't even know what he was scared of or why. Her face wasn't plain. It had distinct features. Her hair... It was showing slight roots of orange hair. Her eyes were expressive and they had tints of purpleness. But worst of all... She felt and looked familiar.

"What's wrong?" She asked in concern, noticing he was quiet for a longer while, his facial expression scared, but oddly worried.

"You're..." He started, but he didn't even know how to finish that sentence.

"You need to stop." Adrien told her, stepping closer, but stopping himself immediately.

He looked around himself. Judgers were looking at her with a serious gaze, peering at her intently, watching her every move. So were the higher ups of The Caretakers. She seemed to be aware of this as well.

"How do I stop it?" She asked him, a hint of desperation in her voice.

He looked at her, looking confused if he should tell her anything. This was how things here work... But why did he have the urge to help her? To change something? The job he was so proud of... He slowly got sick of it and everything it stood for. He sighed once more, getting slightly annoyed at just how much he did it.

"Did they mention anything about firing someone?" Adrien asked her, choosing his words csrefully.

The more he looked at her, the more he wanted to help her. Who was she? Did he know her somehow? The way her eyes gave off her emotions, it worried him.

"I think they did... I don't know what to do..." She whispered, but kept her face normal, to avoid any suspicion.

He tried to do the same, but it was somewhat hard. He felt some weird emotions he usually didn't feel. He felt sick to his stomach. This wasn't supposed to happen. Something bad will happen.

"Why do you think I'll help you?" He asked her, questioning why he should even risk his job for a woman he didnt' even know.

"You're different from them, Adrien. I could always feel it." She told him, looking up at him, as if he was her only hope.

The way she said his name gave him chills. It was all so very familiar. He couldn't remember what. His mind was blank, he couldn't concentrate. He felt something... Warmth, familiarity and care.

He noticed her looking at something in confusion. He wanted to turn around, but just then, she screamed his name once more with desperation and passion. She pulled his arm tightly, opening the entrance door where they were standing. He heard a very loud noise and he felt some hot air bursting behind him, burning his back a little. From all the strength she put into pulling him inside, she couldn't even handle standning up, and neither could he. He fell on her harshly.

He'd usually not be fazed by such an unexpected event, but this seemed all too familiar. He didn't get up, looking at the woman that saved him and the bit of ash she had on the front of her face. His heart raced, he couldn't remember.

But the atmosphere... He could feel the pain in his knees from the fall, the painful burning sensation on his back and the heat from the fires that were burning outside. He knew who this woman was.

"Mr. Marais?" She questioned him, seeing that he still won't get up.

He made a quick, yet probably very stupid decision. He stood up, offering her a hand. She took it, but his face was serious, yet oddly emotional.

"Let's go. They have a back exit." He spoke quickly, going to the other direction.

"But... Why?" She questioned, following behind him, not being as fast as him.

"They'll cross you off as dead. It's the perfect time to escape." They found the exit.

"What do you mean?" She stumbled a bit.

"I'm saving you, dear. That's what I mean." He told her firmly.

She smiled hopefully as she followed him. She wasn't wrong.

He was different.