4 - wolf

E M B E R  H A R P E R S ' P O V :

The woods, peaceful and almost empty was surrounding me in the early hours as I made my way somewhere where I would finally free my mind and take a while to think about this haunting situation that has my blood freezing just by mentioning Tristan's name.

Tristan.

He was a young man, well slightly older than a teenager and most definitely older than me. With much pride and powerful appearance that could easily attract attention from many humans and werewolves, he was just like his brother and father. It ran in the family, being dominant and awfully attractive.
The Lycians' genes were obviously marvelous and that made my brain corrupt and seem utterly useless from the amount of thoughts that were tumbling around it.
I was stunned with so many facts that were slapped to my face with an ease and I knew that, in human world, Tristan would be a heavy criminal and would be behind bars a long time ago.

He almost killed his brother, a man that I loved and appreciated so much. If there was not for Tristan, Christian and Luca would maybe kill me.
The thought of it made my arms shiver and radiate with unwanted goosebumps that I quickly proceeded to rub off, as an attempt to warm myself up the slightest bit.

"Ember" a strong and raspy voice could be heard, making me look up and snap myself out of my occupying thoughts. I did not even know where I was at this point, getting completely lost in my process of thinking.

"Who's there?" I snapped, trying to sound less frightened as I stared deeply into the trees' shadows, hoping to find the owner of the raspy chilling voice.
Stepping out of shadows, Tristan's face appeared and pixelated in my eyes as it slowly became clear to me that he followed me. With fear exploding in my chest and spreading through my whole body like a already ticked bomb, I took a step back as an instinct that overtook my body whenever I was near a stranger.

Or in this case, an attractive killer.

"What are you doing here?" He growled, an obvious string of fury lacing in his eyes that mirrored Brutus'. He neared me, paralyzing me with his chilling stare that held my eyes and my body in place. I felt like a pray to a hungry wolf that was yearning to sink his long canines into me, which I was sure of that I was.

"Answer me." He demanded as he slowly slipped off the edge of his mind. Circling around me, he finally stopped but it was unfortunately behind me. I could not move from the fear that I was feeling, for my wellbeing that he might validate just by the pressing his fingers to my pale skin.

"I went..." I tried gulping down my fear,
"For a walk."

"For a walk? You went out for a walk at this time huh?" Hissing lowly, he stepped in front of me so I could see his angered face again. He was basically shaking, the sign that his wolf was about to come out. And in a wierd, twisted way that I decided to keep deeply tucked up in my brain, I wanted to see it.
I never saw Brutus' wolf but this might be my first time to see that magnificent, rather dangerous animal.

"I... had to." I mumbled out, noticing that I have been silent and pulled away into a different world once again.

"Do you realize how dangerous this is for you, little human? You could've gotten hurt." He barked the words out harshly, making me flinch, once again instinctively, and look down with tears pooling in my eyes.
My traumas were still present, even though the man who planted them into my mind has died.

"Look at me." He ordered, making me try to blink back my tears as I still hung my head low and my eyes focused on the leaves beneath our feet.
Grasping my face into his ginormous calloused hand, he made me look up and straight into his striking eyes once again. His face twisted with many emotions, until his eyes finally pooled with two that looked murderous in his eyes.

Anger and sadness...

His eyes have softened, staring into mine with pure adoration as he let go of my face that he held. Grazing his thumb on my cold and red cheek, he snarled and looked like he was struggling to take his eyes and hands off of me.
Mate bond has already kicked into his system and there was no way that he would go away or let go of me completely.

"I almost made you cry." He came to a realization, those words seeming like they were directed more to himself than to me. Without a care or hesitation, he enveloped me in a strong hug. His arms folded and protected over my body, his masculine scent lacing around me in a subtle cloud.
My body was numb, cold to the touch of a man. No emotions appeared like they did with Brutus and I felt like I was almost disgusted with his skin touching mine. His body was warm, radiating onto me thankfully and making me shiver less.

Pulling back with realization that I was not going to return the warm apologetic hug, he looked away and dropped down to the grassy, leafy ground. Confusion and panic were the things that suddenly exploded in me, my mind repeatedly asking what happened to the tall man.
As I was about to near him, my question was answered. His body morphed into a different shape, clothes ripping in the process. His jaw extended and sharp teeth filled the strong machine, dark grey fur replacing bare skin.
After a long lasting second, I was finally looking at the wolf's golden eyes. They were filled with primal instincts that carried the powerful animal's body.

And his fur coat, it was actually stunning. The pattern of dark grey and pure white mixing in his fur were enough to make my eyes wide, which proved how stunning his wolf looked. At the given moment, all the fear was gone as I was too busy looking at the wolf standing before me.
And I know that it would not hurt me, which I was not sure of when he was in his human's body.

Nudging me before with his long snout, I knew that he wanted me to walk back home. I did not know where was he going to stay.
The golden sun started to rise now, many species of birds chirping their songs as a subtle wind carried me forward also.

Brutus would be up soon and I did not want to explain the whole situation that would make him furious too, so I pushed my legs to carry me faster in a direction that Tristan's wolf ordered me to go in.

The only good thing about this was the fact that I got to see his wolf...