23 - chaos

Ember Harper's POV:

His arms went stiff as those bitter tasting words left my mouth, then he let go of me. Not being able to look into his eyes from all the guilt, I was looking at his chest that started to heave up and down heavily.

"Ember..."

"No! Please don't call me that! Please!" I screamed out, starting to sob again. My throat was hurting from the scream, but I didn't care. I wanted it to hurt more. I wanted my whole body to be burned down, that's how bad I felt. Nothing in life hurt me more than the way his tone sounded.

"I'm going to kill him" He mumbled, carefully lifting me off of himself and quickly walking out of the room.

I knew what was about to happen.

"Brutus! No, please no!" I screamed after him, but only to see him run down the stairs with loud thuds following his foot steps.

Running after him as fast I could, I still wasn't able to catch up to him and his fast pace. I shouted his name repeatedly ans begged him to come back, but he didn't hear me. His wolf took over and he shifted in a blink of an eye, running off faster than ever before. Just as I was about to exit the huge doors that led to outside, Christian stepped in front of me.

Horror filled his eyes once he saw my face that was most likely as red as a tomato.
"What happened?" He questioned, most likely noticing that Brutus has walked away in nothing but his tight underwear.

"I told him, he knows!" I screamed out, pushing past Christian and starting to run towards the deepest part of the forest. My body was weak but I couldn't care. Not now that both Brutus' and Tristan's life were in huge danger.

I heard a bark behind me, turning around to see Christians wolf laying down. It was huge, almost as big as Brutus'. His venomously yellow eyes held so much emotion so I neared him without a word and sat on his back. Gripping his thick fur tightly, I saw as he started running. Jumping over logs and dodging low branches, he was quick on his paws.

I just prayed that he would be quick enough, before it is too late.

Tears continued to stroll down my face, but were brushed off by an incredibly strong wind that almost made my body fall over.

But I was fine. I needed to be fine, or else I was going to find one of them dead.

"Please Christian faster, we're almost there." I shouted out desperately, this time not being choked by my sobs. He pushed his muscular body to go forward even faster, jumping off of a big rock and landing on his feet with a loud thud.

Once we reached a clearing, I could fully see two wolves. They were biting and scratching eacho other, ripping pieces of each other's fur off. Christian's wold halted into a harsh stop all of a sudden and headed the other way, making me scream at him to stop. He only growled in return, obviously wanting to take me away from the scene.

So I did the only thing I could do at that point. I jumped.

My body landed right in the middle of bushes, so I quickly pushed myself through the prickly branches until I was where I wanted to be.

Their wolves were clawing at each other strongly as they bit into each other's flesh, drawing serious amounts of blood. It looked so vile and so terrifying that I almost instantly felt a weird sensation in my stomach.

Seeing that, at one point, Brutus' wolf was fighting to escape the other one's jaws pained me deep down to my core.
I wanted all of this to stop.

Nearing them in a quick pace without any care in the world for my own life,  I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I ignored it, almost like I was completely forgetting that I was carrying a pup.

Suddenly looking down at myself, I noticed that streams of blood were gushing out of me, filthying my robe that was somehow still on my body. In shock, I tried wiping the blood away with my eyes. There was nothing that could help, making me incredibly dizzy.

Letting out a loud, ear piercing scream. It hang in my ears, instantly sending me to the ground. Everything around me looked like it was just going to collapse on top of me, I could barely breathe.

The last thing I saw before my eyes closed were two fury heads.