22 - confession

Ember Harper's POV:

My heart was pounding against my chest as I sat in the shower, not even being able to stand up. My body was extremely weak, every minute I felt like I was about to die. Droplets of water continued to cover my body as the sun started to appear again, letting me know that I was sitting in the shower for over three hours.

The water soon turned icy cold, that is when I collected enough strength to pick myself up and exit the shower cabin. My whole body was shaking as I wrapped a robe around it, letting me know that I was about to catch a serious cold. I felt like I was being burned alive though, misery was coming from within and I could do nothing to stop it.

Exiting the bathroom, I was now faced with a gigantic room and a bed on the middle of it. On the bed, covered with many layers of sheets, laid Brutus. His back was heaving up and down under the sheets, he looked so peaceful. My feet tapped against the cold floor, nearing the bed. I felt like I was in a horror movie of some sort, just waiting for something to pop up in front of me. Finally, I was standing next to the bed. My knees were getting weaker by every second, I felt like I was going to collapse down and die due to many complications.

Carefully, I climbed on the madsive bed. Brutus was letting out soft snores, hugging my pillow. The soft, innocent facial expression made me incredibly sad, so much that tears suddenly started racing down my face once again. I laid next to him, feeling his radiating body warmth.

My eyes traced every one of his well sculptured face lines, realizing that he was, in fact, perfect. His hair was messy in an adorable way, making my fingers curl in it. It was amazingly soft and shiny. His eyes were closed, showing off the thick, long eyelashes that any woman would easily wish for.
His nose was straight but slightly scrunched up because he pressed my  pillow into his face. His rosy lips were slightly parted, looking velvety soft.

My finger started tracing his sculptured jaw bone, feeling as his stubble began to grow. My shaky fingers reached his cheek, which I started to carress.

I felt nothing but pure love towards him. I felt safe around him, he made me feel loved and appriciated in every single way. Of course I loved him, I meam who wouldn't.

Suddenly, a tear slipped down my cheek and fell onto his skin, soaking into it. His eyes peeled open, awaening panic deep inside of me. He looked up at me with a soft grin, but it quivkly disappeared once he noticed my puffy face, dirtied with heavy tears.

Sitting up, he wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me into his lap.

"What's wrong mia bella?" He questioned, wprry filling his voice. Instantly, I started to sob. My weak arms snaked around him as I nuzzled my face into his neck. The scent was intoxicating, I tried to put myself at an ease. Obviously enough, that did not work.

"I love you. I can't explain how much I adore you, Brutus." I voiced, choking on my own tears. I could not stop the bundle of guilt that built up inside of my body. It started breaking me from within.

"I love you too mia bella but... What's wrong?" He parted us slightly, looking deep into my eyes, almost as if he was looking for an answer.

My breathing stopped for a second as I felt my pulse speeding up even more. The feeling in my stomach intensified as I felt my skin burning.

"There is a chance..." I tried to catch my breath, but all that came out were horrible sobs.

"What chance? Is everything alright with you? With the pup?" He gripped my waist tightly, looking at my now fully exposed belly that started to grow slightly.

Taking a deep breath, I crazily pulled at my hair. He carefully put my arms back down, not wanting me to flinch again.

"There is a chance that the pup is Tristan's"