epilogue

First off I just wanted to thank all of you for sticking with me throughout the making of this book. Thank you for patiently waiting for new chapters and supporting me. I love all of you.
________

I was seated on a balcony, watching as the sun set and as the sky lit up with tones of yellow, purple, pink and blue. The sight was to die for, getting better with every sip of tea that I consumed. Hearing footsteps that got louder with every given second and I instantly knew what to expect.

"Mooom!" Nico trailed out, rubbing his eyes as he surprisingly just woke up from his nap. Taking him into my lap, I noticed as my little boy started to grow heavier. I stared back at his forest green, pure eyes. They gave off nothing but a perfect sight of comfort and love. His messy, slightly wavy hair was mopped over his forehead as he did not bother to push it back. I stared at my little masterpiece and was wowed every single time I did so.

After Brutus' mysterious death that we never got no proof on, I found out that I, in fact, did not lose my most precious thing - my pup. And five years later, I had nothing to love besides him. I was a Luna without an Alpha, without a person that I would share my happiness or sadness with. I had no one to raise my beautiful boy with. Of course, luckily, I had Christian who loved Nico like his own child.

"Mom, can we go for a walk?" He tugged at my hand delicately, making me stand up with a soft smile. I needed to stretch my muscles out anyway, so I slipped on a pair of shoes and walked ouside to a chilly weather, feeling as fall was about to hug the spaces of this land. The wind felt like a small breeze, yet it had an immense whipping feeling to my skin. Goosebumps spiked up, telling me that I should've worn something more warm.

"What are you thinking about mom?" My pup mumbled at me, making me look back at him. He eyed me strangely hesitantly, bashing his long thick eyelashes at me. Hoping to cover my worry with a small, reassuring smile, I shrugged it off.

"It's nothing baby. Go play." I pointed out to a group of children that were jumping and laughing in the back, Nico's head snapping in their direction within a second. Giving me one last look of slight worry, he ran off with a smile. Watching him join the immense childish laughter, I walked off not so far away. I was now facing the deep parts of the woods that I once, long time ago, stumbled out of and into Brutus's life.

Every single memory of him sent huge amounts of sharp pain right to my chest, yet the feeling was bittersweet. I loved sitting back and reviving all of the memories we had together. We were supposed to live a dream, happily ever after as some would say. But since the moment that I realized that realized he was gone, the memory of that man haunted me.

I often wondered, how would he spend his days with Nico? I knew that he would give him incredible amounts of love to him, even if there was only 50% of a chance that Nico was his heir. Nobody knew that, not even me. So I simply continued seeing my little boy as his shadow.

"Luna, please Luna!" I heard a high pitched voice, turning around to see a small boy. Tears streamed down his chubby face as he seemed to barely manage to carry himself of his feet. In pure worry that overwhelmed me in a second, I dropped down to my knees carelessly next to the child. Wiping the raging tears off his reddened cheeks, I somehow managed to give him a comforting grin.

"What happened?"

"Nico..." As those words left the child's mouth, I stood back on my suddenly wobbly feet and felt as the smallest sign of comfort wiped off my face.

"What's with Nico?"

"They... I don't know who. They took him."

Running down the small hill, I alertly looked around and tried to find someone's, anyone's shadow or figure.
"Nico! Baby where are you?" I cried out, shouting at the top of my lungs. There was no voice calling back out to me, but a faint sound of voices caught my ear. Spinning around, I saw as tall figures walked through the woods loudly.

Adrenaline and fear mixed together, running through my body as it leaped forward and in the direction of those unknown men. My previously normally beating heart now felt like it was going to explode out of my body, I already felt like I had my life taken away from me.

"What are you doing?" I pushed in between the people, finally seeing Nico from the corner of my eye. Panic was now tickling my insides as I saw that he tried crying out and breaking free, but all of his actions were stopped by a pair of muscular arms.

"Lady, move." One of the men, tall and blunt, tried blocking my way by holding my body back. Pushing him back and letting him hit the hard ground, I desperately continued to push through buff men that were taking Nico away from me.

"Give me my child back." Screaming out, I tried grabbing Nico out of the man's grip. Nico let his arms out widely for me, my heart snapping in half once I saw the look of pure fear in his once happy, glistening eyes.

Before I could do anything more, I was shoved to the ground before being tied up. The rough ropes burned against my skin, seeming to pierce though it and leave nasty, rosy marks. The man above me had a smug smirk plastered on his face, that is until my foot somehow collided with his disgusting, lustful face.

Looking back, I noticed that Nico was almost out of sight. Anxiety and fear kicked into my system with more force now, making me feel sick instantly.

"Where are you taking him?" I sobbed uncontrollably, still trying to break free from the grasp of thick ropes that held my body down.

"To where he belongs. His father ordered that."