11 - foreign feelings

E M B E R   H A R P E R ' S   P O V :

My body was forcefully woken up as I rose uo from the bed in panic. A gasp, sounding like I was almost drowning, escaped my lips as I stared at a space around myself with shock.

It's all good Ember, you're safe.

Sweat started trickling down my temples and onto my upper cheeks, making me feel awfully disgusted by myself. Looking around the spacing that I was in, I noticed various things. One of them was that Brutus wasn't here, his warm body was gone from the bed and the messy covers were all left for me to fold and tidy up.
Where could he possibly go today?

The second thing was that the sun now barely rose, the golden rays of it enlightening the room through the thin curtains. Meaning that, I was sleeping a little over four hours. And a horrible nightmare was cramped inside of those four long seeming hours, making me shiver just at the thought of it.

It somewhat reminded me of that night when I escaped, making my thoughts even worse. My face twisted in an almost painful expression, my chest tightening as my breathing became more shallow.
Shaking my head intensively, I tried to shake those thoughts out of my head. I couldn't afford being stressed over something that already passed when I already had many problems stacking up into a never-ending struggle.

Hesitate, I got up from the warm bed and quickly folded the thick covers. It was getting colder by every day, the fall weather was about to arrive any day.
Huffing, I took a stack of clothes that I would beed for properly dressing myself and lazily padded my way over to the large bathroom that was connected to the master bedroom. Our bedroom.
As I exited, I finally took a notice of my appearance in an immense wall mirror. My fully nude body was standing there, my posture most definitely looking slacky. My hair, once well brushed and clean was now terribly messy. That messy, to the point where I was truly fearing of the pain that I was going to experience while brushing it through.

Time to make myself look presentable...

Entering the huge shower cabin, I turned the water on and waited until a cloud of steam rose from the water and stuck to the glass walls of the cabin. Stepping under a powerful jet of water, I felt as the almost piping hot liquid burned my skin in a comfortable sensation. I felt as my tensed shoulders relaxed instantly.

Once again, many thoughts filled up my mind as I started lathering a beautifully scented shampoo into my hair.
I knew damn well who that person in my dreams was. I could never not recognise those eyes, they were stuck in memory and carved into my brain. Forever.

And exactly that was the thing that I fearing, deep down. I was afraid of the message they carried with them throughout every single dream of mine that they visited.

Twisting the shower's knob, I lazily stepped out of the massive cabin and wrapped a big, fluffy towel around my body. And another one was wrapped around my wet hair as I stepped in front of the mirror once again. I certainly looked more alive and fresh.
____

A cold, freezimg wind was brushing against my body and almost carrying me backwards as I gripped Brutus' sweatshirt closer to my body as I wished to get warmer.
My feet were slightly starting to hurt from all the trails and fallen woods that I walked over. First fallen leaves crunched beneath my boots as I stepped closer to Tristan's wooden cabin.

That probably wasn't exactly the best idea but I felt an overpowering need to see him. I was sensing that something wasn't exactly right and I needed to check up on him.
I mean, after all, he saved my life.

When a small wooden cabin reached my view, a small uncontrolled smile crept up on my face. My walking pace fastened and even before I could knock on the tall wooden door, it was opened and a tall figure stepped before my eyes.

Tristan was there, standing in all his glory, watching me with a small smile on his face. Noticing that his fingers twitched in pure yearning to touch me and feel mt skin. Quite frankly, I didn't feel any different.
So I neared him, pressing my head to his chest and wrapping my arms around his muscular abdominal area, instantly feeling as he picked me up and took in my scent.

Suddenly, he tensed. All of muscles in his body were tensing up, turning rock solid. He put me down, his eyes flashing yellow color. I swallowed deeply in fear that was slowly starting to built up inside of me.

I felt so small next to his raging self.

"You're not pure anymore!" He shouted, throwing the nearest thing to him, which was a chair in this case, against a wall. The chair was broken into pieces, the wooden wall being damaged as well.

My eyes widened in realisation as I walked back to the corner of the room, wanting to make myself look as small and unvisible. He continued growling furiously, shaking aggressively as he tried to keep his wolf inside of himself.

"Mine. You're mine. I came to win you over. And I'm not going to let some egotistical idiot to take another thing away from me." Tristan was now speaking in more of a soft tone, his voice deeper than ever now as he neared me.
Chest to chest, we were looking each other in the eyes.

"Tristan" I warned, earning his attention. He was now staring at my lips as I spoje, thirst evidently floating in his eyes.

"You can't act like that. You can't expect everything to be yours. Please calm down." I tried, putting my hand on his shoulder and feeling him get more relaxed.

"I'll let them take everything from me. I won't care. Everything. But the only thing that I want to stay with me" he spoke as he neared himself to me, closer than ever.

By now, i could even feel his breath fanning over my lips

"Is you. Nothing but you."