13 - his orders

E M B E R  H A R P E R ' S  P O V :

Rising from the warm bed that Tristan was still peacefully laying in, I looked around myself, noticing that the night was ending slowly. A slightly blue color started to paint the previously harshly starry sky, letting me know that I had very little time to get back.

I grabbed a sheet off the bed since Tristan wasn't covered anyway and wrapped it around my body, tapping my way over to the bathroom. Entering, I turned on the lights and stared at the mirror that was before me.

I was ashamed. I felt disgusting, dirty and unholy. More tears started to stream doen my red cheeks as I let my hands cup my face, letting the white sheet to fall down to the ground. Soft sobs were exiting my mouth even when I started the shower, feeling as an incredebly waem stream of water hit my arm. Climbing to the small shower cabin, I stepped under the stream and let the wayer soak me completely.

How will I look Brutus in the eyes? One side of me was questioning desperately while making me cry more.
It's your fault for wanting it the other side of me said, making me realize that also.

My facial expression fell completely, free of any possible emotion. I stood there in place, no movements being made as I focused my eyes on one single dot on the tiled wall. My thoughts were roaming, my mind imagining the chaos that could possibly unfold.
I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't even notice the water getting freezing cold. Goosebumps erected on my skin, making me turn off the water and step out hesitantly out of the shower cabin.

Grabbing two towels and clothes that were still sprawled on the floor, I started getting ready. As I was putting the clothes back onto my body, I almost had a disgusted facial expression.

I hated everything that had to do with my previous actions...

Drying my hair the best I could with a fluffy towel, I exited the bathroom only to see Tristan sitting on the bed. He looked up at me, his eyes twinkling and reflecting the rising sun. He looked heavenly.
He stood up and neared me, but I pushed him away lightly once I remembered that Brutus would most likely smell him on me.

"I have to go now Tristan, Brutus mu-" I was about to exit the wooden cabin, but was stopped by him as he blocked my way to the door. His jaw was clenched, eyes shifting colors.

He was furious.

"You're not going back to that house, Ember. Not now that I have you." He said and walked towards me, most likely expecting me to step back like it usually happens. But this very time, I stood my ground.

"What are you talking about, let me pass." I said and was about to walk around him, but unfortunately was stopped by his hand which gripped my arm.

"Ember you're not going." He stated dominantly, making me instantly yank my arm out of his deathly grip. Anger started drastically rising inside of me, as well as anxiety because of the thought that I wouldn't get home on right time.

"Who are you to tell me? Tristan I have been trapped my whole life and I'm sure as hell not going to take orders from you. So step the fuck back and let me pass because I'm not in the mood to play any mind games." I snapped, my voice suddenly sounding more vibrant and determined.
His eyes widened and a surprised expression took over his face, but he didn't move.

"You've been trapped?"

"That's all you heard from what I just said that to you?" I questioned, quite offended.

"Princess, what happened to you?" He asked, his voice being soft as he tucked a piece of my mostly damp hair behind my ear. The move that he made almost had me fall into it completely, but I stepped back and self-protectively crossed my arms over my chest.

"Tristan. I'm not going to explain anything right now, I don't have time. Step back, I'm telling you one more time." I said, looking at his eyes. They were suddenly darkening.
With a low growl, he obliged my order and stepped back.

Looking at the sky as I exited, I noticed that the sun was starting to get higher with every minute.

Fuck.