All about Tanner (Edited)

"Come here son" my father said to me when we were on the rooftop.

I slowly came down to the ledge and sat right by him.

He was looking up at the stars, peaceful and calm

"See the stars?" He pointed

I look up and saw the bright stars. I nodded

"Yes father" my young 4, 5-year-old voice

"They shine according to the passing alpha. These stars are our alphas from before us. If you go to another pack and see their stars. It's the alphas that pass on their pack."

I nod understanding, but the starts were different form different shapes, "father, why are the stars different shapes?"

"To represent the amount of pride they have for the current alpha"

I turn towards him, "are they shining like that for you and daddy?"

He nods, "right now, but soon they will shine on you and your mate"

I look confused at him. "Father, what's a mate? "

"Well son, a mate is what are lovely goddess pair us with for the rest of our life. Like your dad and me. When us werewolves and are mates become 18, we can find them according to a strong sweet smell coming off them. A strong one were our wolfs are screaming mate. Then once you find your mate. You and they can give each other love and affection. You can even turn them into a werewolf just to protect them if they're not one yet"

"Wow" I look at him in awe of the story

"I want a mate!" I screamed

He laughs and pat's my head, "just wait little one, no one can give you love and affection like your mate can give you. Just wait patently"

I nodded

~

It's been 13, almost 14 years since that happened that day. I kept myself reserved for my mate this whole time. My parents are very proud of me. But its been a whole year and a half since my 18th birthday. My wolf howled towards the stars in pain at nights.

I don't blame him, I want my mate too.

I started to get ready as my alarm went off at 6:30, warning me to get my werewolf ass up.

I got my rip jeans on and black shirt on. I walked out of my room with my backpack. I grabbed my letterman jacket from the closet and my shoes on from the door and sat and started to eat breakfast.

I sat down on a chair on the slide. Their was a warm plate with fresh eggs, pancakes, butter, and syrupy.

My tongue started to water at the sight. So then I grabbed the fork, fast as possible and digging in.

It was so good and the taste melts in my mouth.

It was heavenly. Like always. The cook always knows what she is doing.

I finished and headed to school, with my best friend Casey, my future beta, and his sister, Jasmine.

Casey and I are Seniors, graduating here soon in like 2 months. Jasmine is a freshman, about to become a sophomore here soon.... still have 3 years left of hell.

We began walking are way together to school which was a few blocks away. Not hard to walk

Casey was on his skateboard and decided to break the silence

"Dude it must be terrible not having your mate by your side," he says

I shake my head, "don't worry about it, just like what my dad says 'it will happen when it happens'"

"What if your fated mate is dead?" Jasmine asks

I cringe, "let's not think about it"

They nod understanding

We soon spotted the school up ahead

Hell here we come