part 70 - our favourite flower

There is this one flower in the middle of nowhere. It grows out of the snow, shining in baby blue. It seems fragile, but somehow really strong. Stronger than any other flower.
I walk past that flower day for day, wondering how it survives in this cold. It's blooming all winter long and dies in spring. It withstands the cold and the storms, but the snow can't do it any harm. The flower has a stronger will, stronger than any other plant in this world. Its roots are deep down there in the ground and it's a fighter nature, it's resistant, repellent to all the snow it has been through.
It may seem a bit lonely. Because no other flower blooms around it this time, but it still gives its best to be the prettiest flower around. But it knows there may be prettier flowers out there. But it knows it's pretty, so it's okay to be confident with what it has got.
The flower doesn't think it's special or spectacular at all, tough. It simply blooms the way it is supposed to. And it knows that is what he can do best: trying hard to be the best version of itself. And it's doing a great job.
The prettiest flower, growing out of the snow, shining in baby blue. It's fraglie, but somehow really strong, stronger than any other flower.
Every day I am stunned at its beauty, thankful that I'm able to see such beauty day for day.
Thankful for the energy this flower gives me every day at the sight of it.
Thankful it exists and makes me smile.
Thank you.
.
a poem i've written for seokjin's birthday in december