10: The Drunk Call

Chapter Ten

"Do you want to practice on my pillow?"

My jaw drops at Kayla's suggestion, "no!"

"Are you sure?" She asks, motioning towards the pillow on her couch.

"Yes I'm sure that I don't want to give your pillow a lap dance!" I exclaim, and Carly giggles.

"You have to practice somehow," she points out. "Ooh! I can call Wilson if you want and you can practice on him! He'd give feedback, too! Even better than the pillow!"

"Absolutely not!" I screech.

It's Saturday evening, and Carly and I are at Kayla's house. The current topic of conversation is lap dances, and how the hell I would give one.

"Can we just watch Magic Mike already?" I plead.

Kayla sighs, "fine. But I just feel like actually practicing—"

"I'm not practicing," I cut her off.

She mumbles under her breath, before turning on her TV.

"Would you seriously give James a lap dance if you lose?" Carly asks me. "And strip for him, too?"

"I'm not losing," I tell her.

"One of you has to," Kayla points out.

"What about if he loses?" Carly questions.

"He's going to," I say confidently.

"Yeah, but...then he's going to give you a lap dance," she replies. "That's kind of..."

"That's really weird to think about," Kayla cringes. "I don't like it." She shakes her head quickly, as if physically trying to get the thought out of her head.

"It wouldn't be that weird," I comment.

"You just say that because you like him," Kayla says.

"Well, yeah," I reply. "How could I not? Imagine that Paul guy giving you a lap dance. You can't tell me you wouldn't be slightly interested in that."

"Okay, yeah, that would be hot," she agrees.

"Wait, Paul Anderson?" Carly wonders.

"Yeah," Kayla answers, looking nervous. "And before you say anything, I know, he's bad news."

"Um, he's the worst news," Carly retorts. "He literally sells drugs, Kayla. Not does drugs, but sells them. How could you like him?"

"He's hot!" Kayla exclaims.

"He's a drug dealer!" Carly replies loudly.

Kayla groans, "I know." She sits down next to us on the couch, sighing. "Whatever, him and I barely talk anyways, so it's not like anything would ever actually happen."

"You never know," I tell her.

"Not everyone can just run into a hot guy at Taco Bell and have him instantly fall in love with us," Kayla looks at me pointedly.

"Yeah," Carly agrees. "That's bullshit. If I want a guy to notice me I have to work to get his attention for literally months, and when we finally start talking, I have to work even more to get him to think of me as more than a friend."

Both Kayla and I look over at her with wide eyes, and she blushes.

"Sorry," she apologizes. "Bennett is stressing me out."

"I was right!" Kayla gasps. "I knew it!"

"But Bennett seems like he likes you," I mention, ignoring Kayla.