11: The Sext

Chapter Eleven

Rushing down the stairs, I take the ponytail from my wrist and tie my hair up.

"Where are you going?" Matt questions as I walk past him, grabbing my keys off the coffee table.

"To the gym," I reply, about to walk out the door.

"Woah! Hey! Slow down a minute," he calls, and I groan. I was so close.

"What's the big deal?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest as I turn and face him.

"I don't trust you at the gym by yourself," he tells me, turning off the TV and standing up.

"I'll be fine," I claim. "I won't push myself hard, I promise."

"Your promise means nothing to me," he states, and I scoff.

"Rude!" I complain.

"True!" he retorts in the same tone. "You can workout here. Do some yoga or something."

I glare at him. "No. That's not good enough. I need a treadmill and a pull-up bar and-"

"Why do you need them?" He interrupts. "You'll be fine. Just stay here."

Huffing out a breath, I can't help but let an explosion of words leave my mouth. "I need to run and get all of this energy out of my system because I have no where else to put it and I can't do anything about it and it's driving me insane!"

It takes a few moments for my breathing to return to normal, and when I look back up at Matt I see his mouth wide open and his eyes wide.

"I just need to go to the gym," I mutter quietly.

He doesn't meet my eyes, but replies, "yeah, okay." Relief washes over me, and I'm about to rush out the door when Matt adds, "but I'm coming with you."

"Matt," I complain.

Before I get a chance to say anything else, he says sternly, "it's either I come with you or you don't go at all."

"Fine," I pout.

"Wait here," he tells me, before ascending the stairs and going to his room.

As I wait, I think about yesterday, or more specifically, the hour long shower I had. I'm not sure how to feel about it, but I'm not going to lie. I may or may not have masturbated to the thought of James and I having sex.

I bite my lip, trying not to think about any of that right now as Matt comes back downstairs.

"Let's go," he says.

"Finally," I comment.

We both walk out the door, and he locks it behind us as I unlock my car. The drive to the gym is silent, and I feel the urge to fill it.

"So have you texted that girl yet?" I wonder.

"Yes," he replies quietly.

"And?"

"She hasn't responded yet," he tells me.

I glance over at him as I pull into the gym's parking lot. "Well, I'm sure she will."

"Let's just go," he sighs, unbuckling his seatbelt and getting out.

I quickly shut the car off and get out after him, and we walk in together. After dropping off our stuff in the locker rooms, we enter the big room where all the equipment is located.

"I'm gonna lift," Matt tells me. "If I see you not taking any breaks I will come over and push you off the treadmill myself."

"That was very threatening," I comment. "But okay."