30: Another Party

Chapter Thirty

I open the door, immediately seeing James.

As usual, he looks goods, dressed in some khakis and a black polo shirt. He kind of reminds me of a frat boy, but I don't really care, because he looks hot.

"Hey." I smile, pulling him inside.

"Hey," he replies, leaning down and kissing me lightly.

We pull apart, and I close the door behind him.

"I've never actually been inside your house before," he comments.

"That's true," I say, watching him look around at everything.

It's Friday, just a little while before seven a clock, and we're going to some guy named Harry's party tonight.

The usual group of us six—me, James, Kayla, Wilson, Carly, and Bennett—are all planning on going tonight, so we decided to meet up at my house before we leave.

Carly agreed to be the designated driver for us all, because she hasn't really been in the mood to drink lately. I think the last time she got drunk is still haunting her.

James is the first one here, which doesn't surprise me. We all agreed to meet here at eight thirty, and it's not even seven yet.

He told me he was going to come earlier than everyone else, to spend some time alone with me. I don't mind at all.

"My room is upstairs," I tell him, and start to lead him up the stairs.

We get to my room a little while later, and he sits down on my bed while I go to the bathroom and start getting ready.

"Is this your mom?" He asks.

I peak out through the doorway, seeing him holding the picture of my mom and I that I have on my nightstand.

"Yeah," I reply.

"You look nice with blonde hair," he comments, winking at me.

"I look good with any color of hair," I joke, and he chuckles.

"You do," he agrees.

A moment passes, before I say seriously, "can you put that in the nightstand for me? I don't want anyone seeing it when they get here."

"Yeah," he replies, looking over it once more before setting it in the drawer of the nightstand and closing it.

I return to the bathroom and curl my hair and put on some makeup, while James lays on my bed, looking at his phone for the next hour.

When I finish getting ready, I change into some ripped black jeans and a black top.

After that, I lay on the bed beside him, and he shuffles, moving his arm around me as I cuddle into his side.

I glance at his phone, and see that he's scrolling through Twitter.

While we wait for everyone else, he shows me some memes, and we laugh together.

The doorbell rings a couple of minutes before eight thirty, and we both get up.

As we walk down the stairs, James asks me, "so is Matt gone this weekend?"

"He's spending the night at Annie's," I explain.

"Is that his girlfriend?" He replies.

"Kind of," I say. "They're not officially dating, but they've been going on a lot of dates and hanging out, so she'll probably be his girlfriend soon, I bet."