Chapter 3

Ochaco's POV

"You all have such cool names." Winter smiled. "Yours is literally cool though!" I laughed. "Guess so." Our new friend nodded.

We had headed straight back to the dorms to hang out and get to know each other, but the guys were all discussing their own things, or whatever. I'm sure some of them were actually cleaning their rooms and just didn't want to admit it. "So, Winter, do you have a Quirk?" Tsu asked. "I uh... I have two, actually." Winter chuckled. "Show us!" We all begged. "Okay, okay! I'll show you the quicker one first. This Quirk allows me to control any forms that can be made from a liquid. So, if I heated something up enough, it turns into scalding hot liquid, or steam if I really wanted to, or I can go the complete opposite direction and freeze it. Whenever I lower the temperatures my body lowers its core temperature as well, allowing me to withstand temperatures far below absolute zero. The opposite, I can withstand up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit." Winter explained. "Wait does it work with all liquids?" I questioned. "Yes." "So you can make a frozen apple juice castle?! Or a frozen milk castle?!" Mina squealed. "Uh... y-yeah, if I tried, I think. I've never really thought of it that way!" Winter chuckled. "That's so cool!" She continued squealing. "What's your other Quirk?" Jiro asked. "Ah. That one. Right. Okay, one of you, favorite animal?" We looked at each other for a moment. "I've always thought lions were pretty cool. They're loud, and I've always wanted to hear one." I chirped. "Awesome." Winter grinned, soon surrounded by a pale blue light. As it died down, there was a lion in her place. "OH MY GOD!" "SHE-" "THIS IS SO COOL!"

Winter-Lion looked at us. "Cover your ears if you're sensitive to loud noises." She warned, speaking in human language. Taking in a breath, she roared. I stared in awe. As she died down and transformed back, I heard shouting and screaming from upstairs. "Oh. I forgot we had roommates." Yaoyorozu sighed. "Whoops." "I didn't forget." Winter snorted. "I just thought it would be funny. Besides, these floors are thick, it just confused them." She smiled again.

She was right. Within a moment, the boys were tumbling out of the elevator, tripping over each other. Iida was the first one over to us. "WE WERE TRYING REALLY HARD TO BE QUIET, YOU KNOW! LIKE, REALLY HARD!" He shouted, flinging his arms all over the place. "I WAS ABOUT TO FALL ASLEEP, DAMNIT!" Bakugo shouted.

"Uh oh..." I muttered.

"WHO?! WHO DID THAT?! WHICH ONE OF YOU DO I HAVE TO PUNCH?!" He snarled, fists sparking. "Kacchan please not inside! You'll light the whole place on fire!" Deku begged. "SHUT UP, BASTARD!" His friend barked. "You have no right to speak to people like that." Winter stepped up, about two meters away from Bakugo. "OH YEAH?" He snapped. "Yeah." "WHAT'RE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT, BI-" Just as he was about to insult her and hit her with an explosion, she rose her hand, blasting him in the face with water. He sputtered, falling over. "WHY, YOU-" She did it again. And again. It went on like that for about a half an hour. "This reminds me of my parents when our dog used to misbehave. They would squirt him with water until he gave up." Yaoyorozu said quietly to me. I nodded. The boys were trying so hard not to laugh. Finally, Bakugo gave up, furiously glaring at her. "You gonna behave now?" Winter questioned, as if he really were a dog. With a final snarl, Bakugo turned away, heading out the front door, slamming it shut behind him. After a moment, the entire class turned to Winter. She was inspecting her tail, flicking dust off of it. Sensing our attention, she looked up. "What?"

"NOBODY HAS EVER GOTTEN HIM TO BACK OFF!" She was bombarded by comments. "Seriously?" She frowned. "YES!" "I don't know why this came as such a surprise to me, after Todoroki showed us that video earlier." Kirishima said. "I normally don't care what people say to me, honestly. He just irritated me." She shrugged. The class continued chatting, since it was only midday.