Chapter 21

Winter's POV

"Alright everyone. I think we ought to go out for one last challenge, what do y'all say?" I grinned. "No more dares!" "Or swimming!" They cried. "Nah, nothing like that. You'll like what I've got planned." I winked. "Get dressed with the warmest stuff you've got."

~~~

FINALLY, everyone had managed to get dressed. "Winter it's kinda hot in here, can we go out now?" Kaminari groaned. "Yup!"

I raced outside. There was a loud fury of barking. "What the-" "Dogs?" "Sleds?" "ARE WE GONNA RACE?!" The whole class screamed. "Yea! You've each got a team of six dogs, your sled has your name on it along with each dog's name. Gear up and get in a line over there, where the starting point is." I said, going to stand by a certain sled.

Todoroki's POV

"Winter why are you standing by my sled... that... has no dogs?" I frowned. She smirked. "You don't need dogs." "Then how am I-" Winter changed into a husky. Bigger than the other huskies around, and quite muscular, yet a husky nonetheless. "Don't just stand there, you buffoon! Get us ready!" She barked, tail wagging.

~~~

Everyone was prepped and ready to go. "Alright! Each team is to loop around that bright orange cone way down there, and come back here! All Might, you judge who got here first! Aizawa's on the other end making sure we don't cheat." Winter explained. "Where is he?" Midoriya squinted. "There. Dressed in orange." She laughed. "He's gonna be pissed if we miss the turn." Bakugo growled. "Then you better not miss!"

"All right young ones! Start when I say go, not three!" All Might said.

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!"

"GO!"

Winter didn't even need me to tell her.

She's not just an animal like the other dogs.

I reminded myself. There was a loud mix of barking, yelling and paws thrumming against the packed snow.

I smiled, enjoying the cold air rush past me. "Winter, we're lagging behind!" I realized. "I know! There's a reason for that!" She replied. I looked up to see the rest of the class all turning at once, narrowly avoiding each other like ants in a frenzy. "Oh, I see." Since everyone was attempting to be first, they had all rushed ahead, crashing into each other around the bend. "Now we make our move." Winter barked, putting more effort into the race. We easily skirted around the rest of the class, who shouted both at us and whoever they had run into. "Wait Winter did I just see-" She was already cracking up. "They knocked him over! Oh he's gonna be pissed!" Winter laughed. The winner was obviously our team. Winter changed back, tossed the harness aside and ran over to me excitedly. "I knew they wouldn't be thinking straight! Even Deku didn't think about it!" Winter grinned. "Speaking of..." Midoriya and his sled team were the second to finish. "Ohmygodwe'regonnadiehe'ssomad!!!" He squeaked, gasping for air. "Who knocked him over?" I questioned. "I-I don't know, I didn't see, I barely managed to get past everyone!" Our friend wailed. "Well, since we're over here, and Aizawa technically agreed to do this, it's not our fault at least." Winter shrugged. "Hopefully. We should probably head in and start packing." I suggested. "Probably."