(22)Carnival Night and New Girl

Leo's POV

Nico and I watched as Will and Cory sat at the base of a tree, talking with one another. I glanced over at my boyfriend, and his expression may seem unreadable, but I know what he's thinking. "Will's nice. He's very caring, you know that Neeks." Nico's shoulders visibly relaxed and he nodded.

"I know. It's just...no, I know. C'mon, can we do something?" He asked, I could tell there was more than he wanted to be said, but maybe getting his mind off it could help, so I agreed. I slowly grabbed Nico's hand and pulled him along, trying to find something to do.

As we walked around I saw a certain game that might be fun. All you need to do is enter in and you get a pile of legos. You get told something to build and you have to build it. If you win you get a free ride on any ride you want. I nudged Nico and pointed to the game. He turned to me and gave me a smirk.

I signed up and won every round. Everyone was impressed and I basked in the attention while Nico stood a little to the side, watching me not only get a free ride ticket but get a ticket for two free milkshakes! Woo! I sprinted over to the edge of the crowd and found Nico playing a game. It was one of those games that you try to shoot a ball in the right spot to win, and he was doing great.

After Nico won getting a small stuffed dog, he asked me if I wanted it. I shook my head and he shook his head too, saying it wasn't his type of stuffed animal. So, when a kid walked by, Nico gave it to the 9-year-old. The kid and his mom thanked Nico and left. I gave Nico a grin, and he shrugged. "We weren't gonna keep it." I nodded.

"I know. But, you were being nice, and that's adorable." I poked his nose. Nico stuck his tongue out at me and told me that he was evil itself I shook my head. "Nah, that's Cory. You are just cute in my eyes." Nico rolled his eyes but smiled anyway. "Hey, I know! Wanna go get some food?" He nodded quickly and shouted.

"Burgers!" I nodded.

"That can be arranged, now let's go." Nico grabbed my hand and interlaced our fingers making me flush. He had a bit of pink on his cheeks as he made his way through the crowd, but he'd never admit it. Besides, we have a time limit on how long we can stay here.

Once we got to the restaurant I ordered two milkshakes and two burgers with 1 box of fries. The milkshakes were free and we sat down somewhere to eat everything else. We didn't exactly go for any rides, and that was fine by me. We finished our food quickly, counting the fact that Nico threw a few fries at me because I said Batman had no superpowers.

Nico quietly slipped out of the fair and led me to a hill, overlooking the ocean. It was really pretty looking, to be honest. I could hear the sounds of laughter and rides moving behind us. It was nice and peaceful. It's these moments that I love, they're quiet and makes the world worth living. This is cliche though. Almost like what happened with Percy and Jason, the only thing that's missing is-

My thought process was cut off by Nico fitting his mouth on mine. That. But, I would never pull back from this. This was too good. Too nice. Too precious. I felt my skin warm up a bit as our mouths moved in sync, never missing a beat. The taller bit down on my bottom lip and I refused to let him, toying with him. Nico raised an eyebrow and pulled back, placing a hand in my shadow and shadow-traveling us to our room in Cabin 1. Everyone was at the fair, so it was just us.

"Let's try that again, shall we?" Nico asked me, as he pressed his hands on my shoulders backing me into the door. I smirked and smashed my lips on Nico's roughly kissing him. Nico licked my bottom lip and I denied entry again. What? It's funny. But, he had other ideas. He reached down and slipped a hand up my shirt, I gasped and he pushed his tongue in, which I nipped at.