(17)Part of a Twins Past

[17] A Twins Past

Cory's POV

"You know what? I'm done! You can stick a sock in it because I'm sick of you and your hypocritical garbage!" Nico yelled at our dad. I stood behind him a bit, hoping that I didn't get noticed. Nothing is that easy. Our dad, Hades(Not as in the god), turned to me.

"Well, don't poison your sister while you're at it!" I tightened my grip on Nico's arm as I stepped forward.

"I'm not Coraline! It's Cory, and I'm Pansexual." Hades face went red, but he crouched down to me.

"No hun, it's Coraline. You're just, confused, right now. You're brother poisoned your mind. Just listen-."

"No! Besides, I've started taking Puberty Blockers. I'm not gonna stop until I can take Testosterone." He growled and stood up to face Nico, telling him that he needs to step outside for a bit.

"And pack a bag while you're at it." Hades told him. Nico picked up his backpack by the stairs, and glared at Hades, then turned to me.

"Come outside after he's done talking with you. If you want." I nodded.

"I'll meet you there, I'll try to reason with him." Nico nodded and ruffled my hair before walking out the door , slamming it. Hades turned to me. "Dad-."

"No, it's wrong. I-I can't have the other twin do this. Change like this. Please Coraline- if your mom was okay with this, that's gone. I know she called you Cornelius, but, your Coraline now. Just- don't do this! It's stupid and your brother is too far gone!" He started to raise his voice. "If you do this, you'll be a horrible as him!" I growled.

"I'm starting to re-think who the horrible one is." Hades took a step towards me.

"Excuse me?" I looked up, meeting his eyes.

"Did I stutter? You're the jerk. All because we're a little different? Really? Are you serious!? You DARE bring mom up! To use her against me! THAT'S wrong, THAT'S manipulative! You. Are. Such an-!" Two hands appeared in my shoulders and Hades shoved me back, my back slamming into the vase, smashing it. I ducked under his arms and knew the look he had on his face. It was blind rage, he didn't know what he was doing, at all. Hades made a grab for me, and locked the front door while he was at it. There was a bang on the door, and Nico was yelling from the other side.

Just as I grabbed the handle, our former dad grabbed me roughly by the shoulder and raised his fist. I covered my face, but he glanced at the door, opened it, and quite literally threw me out of the door.

I landed on my side on the dirt ground just below the porch. Nico cursed at Hades and helped pull me up. I coughed up a bit of blood from me biting down on my tongue. Wiping my mouth. I looked up at Nico, barely able to control my anger. "C'mon bro. Let's go to a motel, ro somewhere for the night." He told me. I nodded and we started into the direction of the nearest place. But, we'd only stay there for a night, until we had to live on the streets.

"After that, we lived in alleyways and stuff. But, remember that one time police came, and we were trapped?" I asked Nico, turning to him. He nodded, listening intently. "Well, the reason the police left, was because I came out and led them away. I was caught and taken into foster care. Which was worse than home. But, those are stories for another couple centuries." Nico rolled his eyes at exaggeration, but nodded in understanding.

"You should tell Leo." I snapped my gaze towards him.

"Hell no!" Nico looked up from his gaze over the camp,

"I'm serious, he's told me a couple things. But, you might get him to open up." I shrugged.

"I don't think so, I'm not exactly the fluffy and fun type." Nico raised his eyebrows and gestured to himself. "Yeah, but you've got a boyfriend. So, you're edginess has worn off a bit." Nico shrugged and mumbled, 'touche'. Then he looked a little to the left, and turned to me with a smirk.

"You might get a boyfriend too soon." I raised an eyebrow and followed his gaze, only to see Jaden walking towards our cabin, looking down. I rolled my eyes and muttered.

"Oh boy." Nico snickered and ruffled my hair.

"Speaking of boyfriends, I'm gonna go wish mine a happy birthday. Good luck." I flipped him off and he mimicked it, going inside. Jaden was closer and I pulled my jacket on, hopefully this isn't awkward, or I don't hurt this kid.