4 HOW COULD HE?

NPOV

I was not too happy with hanging out with the guys from the team, but they have been giving me grief that all I do is go to class, study and go to practice. They told me they understood I was engaged and that I loved my girl and couldn't wait to talk to her each night but I needed to have some sort of social life, or I might begin to resent my Shelly. I knew they were right Shelly was always encouraging me to go out, but something kept telling me that tonight was not the night. Yet, I let the guys win. We were all standing around in the University cafe laughing and joking around, and I decided to take a picture and post it to my social media accounts to let my sweet Shelly know that I was out with the boys and trying to enjoy college life.

I was just starting to loosen up with the guys when I feel someone tap me on the shoulder I was not in the mood to deal with yet another skanky girl hitting on me, so I turned around ready to tell them off to leave me alone because it is always the same three girls. Sandra who keeps hinting that what Shelly doesn't know won't hurt her, Audrey who has told me no one would be good enough for me but her and then Samantha that believes that a girl who plays sports is beneath me. So, when I turned around to a tear streaked Shelly, I was worried and pissed at who would hurt my girl.  "What the hell? Why the fuck are you crying?" As I ask her again "Tell me now why are you crying..." Her eye's close and she collapses in my arms.  I was so stunned that she was here that I almost didn't catch her.  As I glance at her exposed skin looking for anything that will tell me what is going on I hear "dude, isn't that your fiancee."  "Yeah."  "You didn't tell us she was coming into town if you had we would have let you off the hook."  "No, man I didn't know and judging by her appearance this was not a planned trip."   "What do you mean?"  "Well, I can tell she is wearing one of her bikinis by the strings around her neck.  These shorts she only wears around my house when she planned on swimming but was called in for dinner.  As for this top, she throws it on when she leaves our room back home to walk down to the pool.  My Shelly is not a typical California girl; she doesn't walk around showing this much skin.  Something had to have happened for her to be here now dressed like this and I need to find out what happened.  Sorry guys."  "No, dude go take care of your fiancee she needs you."  I carry her to my dorm and see her backpack in the lunge and pick it up after dropping her off in my room.  I sit down in my chair and pull out my phone and see I have several missed calls from my mom, dad, Lee, Max, and Brad.

Mom:  Noah, you need to call me Elle is missing.

Dad:  Son, Elle took off we can't find her and Max says she took all her money and some clothes.

Max:  Noah, Elle disappeared she might be coming to you; please call.

Lee: Bro, my twin left...something happened...well....damn she is not talking to Mary...she is missing.

Brad:  Noah, my Shellybellie ran away.

I groan and call my mom knowing they will all be together.

Me:  Hey mom

Mom:  Noah, have you heard from Elle.

Me:  Yeah, she is here

Mom:  Do you know why she took off and ended up in Boston.

Me:  no when I saw her she was crying and I kept asking her why and next thing I know she passed out in my arms

Mom:  Oh, she probably hasn't slept in 24 hours 

Me:  what do you mean she probably hasn't slept in 24 hours

Mom:  Look all the Evans were here something happened. Next, we know Lee is at the bottom of the stairs, and she is yelling at him, and she ran out that was yesterday evening.  Max gave her time to cool off plus we had to take Lee to the hospital turns out she shoved him down the stairs and now he has a broken leg.  Don't ask why he won't tell us why she shoved him. As for why we didn't realize she took off last night was when Max got home from the hospital last night he thought she was sleeping so he didn't go into her room last night.  Brad snuck in after Max left for work to talk to her and she was gone.  We didn't call you right away because we hoped she was still here and knew you couldn't do anything from Boston.