12 WEDDING PREP

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAVE READ MOST OF MY BOOKS YOU WILL NOTICE THAT I ALWAYS USE STEAK AND POTATOES AS NOAH AND ELLE'S FAVORITE DISH. SORRY ABOUT THAT I AM A TRUE BLUE TEXAN SO I LOVE MY STEAK AND POTATOES. AS FOR THE COLORES I ALWAYS CHOOSE WELL PURPLE IS MY FAVE COLOR AND ROYAL BLUE LOOKS AWESOME WITH PURPLE. SO, I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND MY INDULGENCE. ESPECIALLY SINCE I DON'T REMEMBER IF THEY MENTION ELLE'S FAVORITE COLOR.

Not having Rachel be my maid of honor put a kink in the wedding. It took me a while to think about it until Lee reminded me of his cousin Joann that I got close too one summer. Even though we didn't get to see each other much, we still talked on the phone, face time, instant message and e-mailed each other regularly. So, I called her she was excited and luckily since she lived in San Fran she could drive down to the dress shop this weekend for the fitting. Looking at the venues and caterers was made easy when one venue had its own caterer, and the best part was he also had his own pastry chef so he could do our wedding cake. It was funny because that was the only venue that Noah had a problem with at first and only because the individual in charge walked up to me hugged me and kissed me on each cheek. The deathly stare Noah gave him was hilarious especially when the guy giggled "ahh, pish posh big guy. This little lady is not my type. You on the other hand..." Noah blanched and moved closer to me pulling me in front of him. "Calm down big guy I know your straight and I don't mess with anyone that does not bat for my team by the way I am Xavier." June and I almost fell down laughing at the look on Noah's face. We ended up with steak and potatoes and a side salad as the main entre. For a vegetarian option, we had broiled mackerel with sweet potatoes and a side salad. We even had two kid-friendly options one was pizza (letting the kids have three slices a piece) the other burger and fries.

The wedding cake was going to be eight teared (go figure June said she would rather have too much than not enough) white sponge cake with raspberry filling. Noah had his grooms cake designed in the shape of the kissing booth with little miniature people representing us. The cake was chocolate with a cream cheese frosting. Well, both cakes were since that is our favorite frosting. The Chef suggested doing at least two tears without filling just in case someone was allergic. In the middle of our consultation, Lee showed up at whispered something in Xavier's ear. I noticed he slipped him a twenty and started to chuckle. I shake my head because I already know what my twin is up too and has paid Xavier to flirt with Noah. I pull out my phone and discreetly set it up to record his reaction.

As I sit back and watch I see Xavier walk up to Noah and walk his hand up Noah's arm to his biceps where he squeezes and squeals "oh, boy are you a strong one." I notice June lift her eyebrow and look at me. I giggle and mouth Lee to her, and she just shakes her head. Mouthing back to me you know once Noah finds out Lee is dead. I nod and continue to watch the show. Noah tenses up and glares at the guy "dude I thought you didn't flirt with straight guys." "I just can't help myself. You are just so mouthwatering you big tall drink of water. I am getting a woody just looking at you." Noah steps away "Ok, well sorry I don't swing for your team, and I am very much in love with my Shelly." I try hard not to laugh as Noah looks over at me as I pretend to play on my phone. I see Noah glare at me for not helping him. I watch as Xavier looks at Noah's ass and hide a giggle as Noah spins around "dude please you really are making me uncomfortable, and if you don't stop I am going to punch your fucking ass." By then we all lose it. Noah looks around, and Lee jumps up "score so worth the twenty bucks."

I giggle"sorry, babe I thought it was too good to pass up." June chuckles "as you know I don't get involved in the pranks these two pull." Noah storms over to me lifts me up while Lee grabs my phone "you are in so much trouble for helping my little bro with this prank." I giggle "Oh, really." "Yep." "Remember do you really want to go up against me." His eyes open wide "nope so not going there." I feel his lips press against mine making me lose all semblance of where I am and who is around me.