Chapter 24

Heather's POV:

I was in mine and Jake's house by myself relaxing and enjoying the peace and quietness. I was sitting on the couch watching TV. Since Jackie and Jake are both gonna be at Brendon's house for the next couple days, and I'm gonna be by myself I thought to myself, why not go somewhere?

I got up off the couch and went over to the bedroom, grabbed my laptop, and bought plane tickets for me and Kate for the next flight to Denver, Colorado so I can go and visit my dad. The next flight there was in a few hours. I quickly packed a bag with what I would need for the next couple of days, got in my car to pick up Kate to go to the airport.

I pulled up in the driveway at Kate and Mike's house. I got out of the car, walked up to the house and knocked on the door. Mike opened the door, "What do you want?" He said to me sarcastically.

"I need to talk to my bestie, where's she at?" I asked him. 

"Babe! Heather's here!" He shouted up the stairs. Mike let me inside as Kate was coming down the stairs. 

"What's up bitch?" She asked me. 

"Pack a bag or two, I'm kidnapping you and taking you with me to Colorado to see my dad for a couple of days." I said to her. "I booked us tickets for the next flight in a couple of hours." I added.

"Have you even told Jake or Brendon or any of the guys that your leaving?" Mike asked me. 

"Nope, just you two. I'm gonna wait until I get on the plane to tell him where I am." I responded.

"Holy shit! Damn sis, that's a savage move!" Kate said to me sassily. 

"What? This is what he gets for ditching me with Jackie to go to Brendon's house everyday for the last 2 weeks." I said to her truthfully. 

"Ok, true. You do have a point." Kate said. 

"Alright, let's go upstairs. I'll help you pack." I said to her, practically pushing her in the direction going upstairs. 

When we got upstairs, she pulled out a small suitcase and opened up her closet to pick clothes out. "Heather, while I'm picking outfits out, could you pack my toiletry bag?" she asked me. "And no, I don't need any feminine products." She added before I could even ask. 

"Sure!" I said to her as I went in the bathroom and packed her necessities. 

I came back from the bathroom and she was still standing in front of her closet, figuring out what to pack.

"Girl, stop being so indecisive and just pick something." I said to her. "The weather is just about the same there as it is here." I added.

"Ok, good. Then that actually gives me an idea of what to pack." She said, grabbing what she wanted. 

I helped her finish packing her stuff, and we both went downstairs and headed out the door. She grabbed her purse, said bye to Mike and walked out of the house. I packed her stuff in my trunk, got in the car and started driving to the airport. 

When we arrived at the airport, we went through security, got our tickets scanned and walked on the plane. We got to our seats and got ourselves situated. I sat down at my seat, and pulled out my phone to call Jake to tell him where I am.

Brendon's POV:

I was in my studio with Jake playing some Fortnite while everyone else was in the house chilling. We were so close to getting a victory royale when Jake's phone went off.