Chapter 6

Sarah's POV: 

When we were waiting for our food, Brendon and Kate were in a sass fight about what Kate ordered on the menu, and Heather was on her phone during all of this, not paying attention to anybody. 

"Heather are you Ok? Are you bored?" I asked her. 

"Nah, I'm good. I'm just playing...." she paused dreading for what she was about to say. "I'm playing a few rounds of fortnite on my phone." She finished responding.

I rolled my eyes and put my hand on my forehead as Brendon did a dramatic gasp. 

"Girl!!! And you didn't even bother asking me to play with you!?" Brendon asked shocked. 

"Well, I would have if you weren't so busy in a sass fight with Kate." 

"Ok, well you two have fun playing that stupid game, I'm gonna talk to Kate here." I said to them.

As me and Kate were having a conversation with each other, our food arrived. When we all figured out which meal was whose, me and Kate started eating like crazy animals. Meanwhile, Brendon and Heather were still on their phones playing fortnite. Kate looked over at Heather to see how she was doing on her game. The same time Kate looked at her, Heather ate a spoonful of her mac and cheese while still looking at her phone.

When she finished eating her first bite i saw her at the corner of my eye starting to itch like crazy. 

"Heather are you ok?" I asked her, slightly concerned. 

"Yea, im fine. Just really itchy." She responded not thinking much of it.

"Hmmmm, interesting." Kate said out loud and then asked the waiter closest to our table to come over. "Excuse me, sir. I have a question. What kind of cheese is in that mac and cheese?" Kate asked him curiously. 

"Blue cheese." He responded. 

"Oh shit!!!!!" Heather said quickly to the waiter's response. She looked at her arms and there were blotches of red spots all over her arms. "Son of a bitch!" she added. 

"Jesus girl! Your reaction gets THAT bad?!?" Brendon asked seriously. 

"Yea. But this is after one bite! You don't wanna see what it's like if I were to eat that entire bowl!" Heather said. 

"Ugh! Girl, they list the ingredients on the menu for A REASON! You need to pay attention to that!" Kate said annoyed at Heather as she grabbed her bag and pulled out the benadryl for her.

Next thing we know, the manager comes over to us. "Hi! Is everything okay over here? One of my workers came up to me and said that you folks were having an issue. Is that correct?" 

"Yes. My friend over here accidentally ordered something that she was allergic to." Kate responded to the manager nicely. 

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry that happened to you! We will take your previous order off of your bill. Would you like to order something else instead?" The manager asked Heather, being very polite about the situation. 

"I really appreciate your offer ma'am, but no thank you." Heather responded to the manger.

"Girl, shut up and take your damn pills already!" Kate said to Heather sassily. 

"Yea, I'll personally take some pills out of the bottle and shove them down your throat myself." I said to Heather. 

"She really will." Brendon said, sounding scared with how serious she gets. 

"Alright, alright! Everyone chill! I'll take them right now." Heather said as she put the pills in her mouth and used her drink to swallow them. 

"Good girl." I said to her. "Now lets just go home so you can get some rest, ok?" I asked her if that sounded like a plan to her.