❄️ Chapter 5 ❄️

A/N

This chapter is a little bit longer so thank God 🙏❤️

---------------------------

That Night,

I jolt awake due to something hitting my window. I quickly catch my breath realizing it's nothing. 

I remove my warm duvet from on top of me and slowly make my way over to the window brushing my brunette hair to the side. 

It's pitch dark outside. Just looking makes my whole body shiver from head to toe.

 I look down at the garden where Rose and I used to play all the time. She was only a year older than me, so we were like best friends. 

I yawn and rub my eyes struggling to stay awake. Just before I return to my bed, I spot something in the corner of my eye.

 A silhouette of a person outside jumps from the roof of one house to the next. I rub my eyes to make sure I'm not dreaming.

 When I open my eyes the mysterious figure is gone. 

What did I just see? Someone was outside and they lifted off of the ground... I mean roof. I suddenly became over curious. 

I get up from my window sill bed, not taking my eyes off the window in case it returns. 

I make my way to the stairs and quietly tiptoe down trying not to make them creak. I stand at the bottom of the stairs facing the front door. Just a single door is standing in the way between me and the outside world.

 My dad locks all the doors and windows and puts the keys in a safe. I've tried for years trying to crack it trying every birthday, anniversary, independence day but nothing.

I pace back and forth trying to think of a date it could possibly be. My first day of school? His wedding day? The day Donald Trump became president? I put my hands on my hips in frustration.

I glance over at a picture of Rose. God, I miss her. Just then, I remember something my dad said to me"I will never forget that day!" The day Rose died. I gasp, how could I not have seen it before? 02/02/06. 

I go into my dad's office looking around frantically. I spot the safe behind his office chair. I crouch down, my hands shaking. I put in the date carefully. *Click* it opens!

 My eyes widen in shock. In the safe, I spot a bunch of keys all tied together around their holes.

 I grab them not wanting to waste any more time. As I stand up I hear distant footsteps coming down the stairs.

 "Shit!" I whisper.

 I close the safe putting the keys back. As I'm crouched behind the desk I hear the door swing open. I gulp, a lump in my throat forming.

I crawl quietly into the open space under the desk breathing heavily. I can hear the way the person walks and can tell it's my dad. 

He walks over to his bookshelf, grabbing a book. He came down for a book? For real?

 Being under the desk is extremely uncomfortable but I try to ignore it. I'd rather have back problems then have my dad catch me here.

---------------------------

Extra A/N

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote and leave your thoughts in the comment if you like.

💙💚💙💚💙💚💙

----------------------------