❄️ Chapter 12 ❄️

Inside is beautiful. Nothing like how I imagined it would look. There are pictures on the wall, there's a queen size bed with red sheets, there's a shelf full of music discs and books.

I walk around the room, looking at everything. From the toys on the ground to the decorative chess pieces on the shelf.

"You play with these?" I mock pointing at the toys. He starts to blush and quickly picks up the toys and places them into a toy box.

"No...they're for a friend," he says starting to clean up the room.

"Does someone else live here?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"It just looks as if you have a lot of stuff," he looks down before changing the subject.

"Do you want anything?"

I shake my head and sit down on a rocking chair.

I just remember that I'm wearing his shirt so I begin taking it off. He shakes his head and walks towards the wardrobe.

"You can wear it...it suits you," He opens the wardrobe and looks around. I gasp when I see clothes of different sizes, like 7-8 years or 14-15 years. He closes it quickly when he notices me watching.

"What's with all the clothes?" I ask standing up.

"It's nothing really. I just like...collecting things."

Who says that? 'I like collecting clothes?'. Normal people collect things like stamps or snow globes, collecting clothes that won't even fit you isn't normal.

He just grabs a shirt from his drawer and sits down on his bed.

Just then, my eyes get a glance of something. Something sticking out of his drawer. It looks like a picture. I start walking over to it when he stands in front of me blocking the drawer.

"What are you doing?" he asks in a low voice that gives me chills.

"I...I just saw something."

He looks into my eyes and steps closer. I have to show him that he isn't intimidating me so, I take a step forward. He looks surprised by my action and smiles. He turns his head abruptly and walks towards the door.

"I have to go. You can stay here just don't touch anything. Okay?" he looks serious.

"Where are you going?"

"I-It doesn't matter, just don't touch anything, got it? I'll be back in ten minutes," he closes the door behind him.

What the hell is wrong with him? He just expects me to stay here and twiddle my thumbs? 'Don't touch anything' he says, ugh. He's so annoying. I turn back around at the drawer and open it. I pull out the picture and sit on the bed.

It's a picture of kids? Twelve kids? Wait! He's in the photo as well. Who are all these people? I drop the picture on the bed and decide to search his room. I know I shouldn't be doing this but him deliberately telling me not to touch anything makes me want to touch something.

-----------------------

I go back to his wardrobe and start looking around. I know he's hiding something, I just don't know what it is.

Just before I'm about to give up looking I notice something in the back of his wardrobe wall. The wall is loose. I pick at it until it opens, revealing a small square hollow. I gasp and reach my hand inside. I feel something and pull it out. It's a piece of cloth but something is inside it. I unwrap the cloth and my eyes go wide.

It's a red crystal ball, the size of a golf ball

It's a red crystal ball, the size of a golf ball. Why does he have a crystal ball? I wonder.

Just then, I hear the door open. He's back!

I stand up quickly but his eyes are already on the crystal in my hand. His eyes turn to fire and he clenches his fists tightly.

"What the hell are you doing?!" he yells, "I told you not to touch anything!"

"I...I was just-"

"Just what!" he interrupts, "What if you broke it?!"

"I was just curious...I'm sorry," I start to feel tears well up in my eyes.

"You don't get it do you! If anything happens to that I'll have no way to get ho-" he stops himself. And looks even angrier. He grabs it from my hand and makes sure there isn't a crack.

"Look, I'm sorry...you're the one that left me here!" he looks up at me clenching his jaw.

"Oh so this is my fault?!"

"Yeah it is, where did you even go?!" I shout.

"It's none of your damn business!"

"And who are those people in the picture?" I point to the bed. "Why don't you tell me anything? Why is everything a secret with you!?"

"Get the hell out! Now!" I hear the sky start to rumble and the wind starts picking up.

"Stop yelling at me!"

"I said get the hell out!" the house starts to shake and I realize he's the one doing it.

"February you need to calm down."

"Don't tell me what to do!"

I feel tears rolling down my cheek. As soon as my tear hits the ground everything stops. All the thunder, wind and the shaking. He just looks at me breathing heavy. We stand in silence for a while.

"I'm sorry..." he says.

He's sorry? His moods swings are exhausting me.

"Please...I'm not good at controlling my emotions..."

I look at him with a frown on my face. Maybe I should go, he's clearly not in the right mind set.

I start walking towards the door with fear coursing through my veins.

"Please...stay," he pleads, "I'll-I'll tell you everything, just please stay."

I stop in my tracks and turn towards him.

"You've got twenty minutes," I say sitting down on the floor.

------------------------

A/N

Hope you enjoyed.

You can vote and comment your thoughts if you like xx

💙💚💙💚💙💚💙

------------------------