S1: Chapter 22 - Note

Chapter 22

PYRRHA

The call ended.

The last thing Morrigan said was still stuck in my mind the next day.

I walked my way to school.

And then I met Dante and Nauri.

We chatted along the way and I somehow managed to keep my focus. Well, at least.

It could only be a coincidence right?

That Morrigan's companion was-

Was that guy, right?

They might only have the same name, right?

Or if that was him, does that mean that Morrigan-

"Hey! You're spacing out. Are you alright?" Dante tapped my shoulder and asked.

"Yep. I'm hella fine. I might be thinking about it too much..."

"About what?" Nauri asked.

"My old friend's moving you see and we might be able to reunite again." I smiled.

"Good for you!" Dante exclaimed.

"Dante, we're going to start the clearing operations on the vacant period today." Nauri said to him.

"Clearing operations? For the monsters?" I asked.

"Yeah. Wanna join in?" she said.

"But I'm still not-"

"You're under our care, don't worry about that. You can join us whenever you want. So that you could also discover and harness the strength you have." Dante said.

"Right..."

I looked down and saw the necklace Jack made for me.

Let's see...

It's a clear red octahedron crystal wrapped with thin wire with a tint of gold. The gemstone is very fine and smooth. It shines brightly as the light hit its surface. It's really pretty.

Jack made it into a pendant huh?

Well, that pretty creative for a guy.

Come to think of it. Willow said that I was holding this after I blacked out. What is this gem for? How did I obtain it?

Speaking of Jack, where is he?

"Where's Jack?" I asked them.

"Well... To be honest, I don't know. He might come this afternoon. I'm not sure but I heard he was called by a staff to look after something."

"I see." I replied.

"Have you already decided about joining us?" Nauri asked.

"Well... Just give me a little more time to think about it." I sighed.

"It's alright. Take your time." she smiled.

Right after the homeroom, the class hours somewhat quickly passed by.

The bell rang and it's finally Lunch Break. After this would be a vacant time since all the teachers are going to attend the faculty meeting.

I quickly ate my lunch. Right after that, my classmate named Jace, known to be the famous hot headed girl approached me.

She never really talked to me?

What have I done?

She looks pretty pissed off.

"Someone wants to give this to you." Jace said to me sternly and handed a piece of paper. After that, she just walked away. How scary. I can almost see a burning aura around her.

I looked at the paper and unfolded it. These are the words written on it:

'Come see me at the machinery.'

Machinery?

Is there even one at this school?

I noticed that there still something written on the other side of the paper to I flipped it and read:

'Just meet me at the Abandoned Science Clubroom'

Great. Just great.

Who even is this guy who's wanting to see me?

The handwriting looks familiar though.

Ugh, fine. I'll just go. I don't have anything to do anyway.

With the note on my pocket, I walked out and moved towards that room.