S1: Chapter 19 - Possibility

Chapter 19

PYRRHA

Jack and Pyrrha finally left the mansion. I knew exactly what Dante wants to talk about. I turned to him and he asked,"You already reported to Lady Arwen what happened right?"

"Yes." I replied.

"What did she say?"

"We're going to start doing some clearing operations around this area." I answered.

"When do we start?" he asked.

"Maybe tomorrow, as soon as possible. If you're thinking about moving ahead, I guess that's a pretty bad idea." I answered.

"Well... What now?" Dante asked.

"We'll take a rest for now. The fight earlier was so tiring. You should go home, your brother might be waiting for you." I told him.

"Well before I leave, Nauri, don't you think it's pretty odd?" Dante said.

"What do you mean?"

"It's about Pyrrha..." he said.

"What is it with Pyrrha?"

"She doesn't remember anything..."

Huh?

"I'll be going now. I had fun today. Thanks a lot." he smiled.

"Yeah, same for me. Bye." I replied.

Dante walked out of the mansion and he left me puzzled.

Pyrrha doesn't remember?

How is that even possible?

A Witch is always aware and conscious during their first awakening and there's no way you'll have no records of that.

Or am I wrong?

If she doesn't remember that she defeated Lagiacrus, there's a possibility she doesn't even know she was already awakened.

That really was odd.

I walked back to my room and thought about the things that will happen tomorrow.

I have to think about the clearing operations.

The monsters are making such suspicious movements. They seem to be attracted to a populated area. And the worse is, these monsters are very strong and they could lure anyone to its boundary without even noticing.

This is bad.

The outsiders will get in trouble.

I've had enough of these news reporting mysterious incidents and even deaths before, I won't let that happen again.

Gee, I might be getting over things like that again. I might be over-thinking about it. Maybe we just really caught that one, these Lagiacrus are rare, you know and were only found in special habitats. So, I should be rather to face that thing since it's my first time seeing that. Let that sink in.

Now I'm done with that, I'll think of Pyrrha's condition then.

If Dante just eavesdrop that earlier, he's that type of guy who would not believe things that easily unless there's a proof. So, he probably made a full-scan of what happened today and found no records of that.

Is it possible that a person would not remember some kind of huge event?

There's no way, right?

For example, let's compare the Wakening to something like getting a gift you really wanted since then or something like that that made you really happy or overwhelmed. You would forget that right?

Or an accident or a horrible incident, you'll never forget something like that, eh?

Or if not remembering it all completely, there should be at least something in your mind that will represent that idea.

The thing is, Dante might not even see anything like that from her.

Memory Manipulation...?

But who would do that?

Or maybe...

No...

There's no way that would happen.

But there's a possibility about that since she's reincarnated.

There's a possibility that the Pyrrha we saw was actually...

The 'Pyrrha' before...