S1: Chapter 26 - Tragedy

Chapter 26
PYRRHA

We are already going back on our way to Nauri and Dante. Jack was walking ahead of me, not saying a word.

"Jack..." I stopped walking and looked at him. He turned back and smiled. 

"What is it?" he asked. 

"I've been thinking about joining Operation: Witchcraft..." I said. 

"You haven't decided yet?" he asked. 

"Well... I was thinking about you-"

He approached me and placed his hands on my shoulders. He smiled and said, "You don't have to worry about me."

"I thought about everything that happened since the day we met. You've always saved me; I don't really know how I can thank you for everything...

I- I'll be always there for you. You can ask for my help anytime. I'll help you forget that tragic past; I'll help you create happy memories with our friends! With Nauri, with Dante and with all the other people we'll meet in the future. This chance will help us both, to grow even more and discover more of ourselves. Until you completely forget it all and those wounds will heal as time passes by..." I said and held my breath for a while. What will he say about that?

Looked up at him and he looks quite confused but he just closed his eyes and smiled. Then all of a sudden he flicked my forehead. 

"Ow!" I exclaimed. He just went on his way again without even saying anything. What a jerk!

"Hey, wait!" I shouted as I tried to catch up. Suddenly, he started to run away. 

"Why are you running away?!" I exclaimed as I ran up to catch him. 

"Because you were chasing me!" he laughed. 

"Because you were running away!" I shouted then he started laughing. 

I was this close then all of a sudden; he stopped running and turned back. Of course, I wasn't able to hit my brakes that fast. I'm sure I'll crash on him. We'll both hurt ourselves. My legs were running fast as they could. 

"WATCH OUT!!!" I shouted. I just closed my eyes and waited for the impact. 

What. 

I was hugged. 

He pulled back after a while and looked at me. We looked at each other's faces. 

Why is this so familiar? I don't understand. 

Gently, he placed his hands on my cheeks. What is he going to do?

He's getting closer. 

And closer. 

What are you going to-?