1

I wake up to a blaring sound. My alarm. I quickly picked it up and turned it off. I got up from my bed for a bath and some yummy breakfast. I looked into social media for any news about Gotham. There was one that caught my eye.

Jerome Valeska, young teen arrested for murder of his own mother

"He clearly doesn't appreciate his own mother", I said to myself. I looked at the picture as the cover. Jerome was seen handcuffed and dragged by two detectives by his side. James Gordon and Harvey Bullock. "Well done again uncle", I said inside my head. A text popped up and it was from a blocked number. I opened it and it says,

🚫: I have a new task for you

😇: Make it quick

🚫: Jerome Valeska, ginger, Arkham Asylum, 1 Billion

One billion dollars?!, I thought, Is he really that valuable?.

😇: What's with the price?

🚫: None of your business. Take it or leave it

😇: Fine. I'll take him by next week.

🚫: I don't want him by next week. I want him now

😇: Alright fine, but that would be an extra 100k

🚫: I gave you a billion already

😇: I need extra fees for personal reasons

🚫: Fine. Deal

😇: Pleasure working with you. Send me the address

🚫: *sends address*

I turned my phone off and went to my office with a cup of fresh coffee. I sat down on my comfy chair and checked my laptop for new emails or texts. I opened my email when a video call was ringing. It was from my uncle. I clicked accept and the other side was black but there was a voice. "Hello? Hello? Angel? Is this working?", a manly voice said, "Harvey, come help me with this". "Uncle Jim", I called, "Please remove your finger from the camera".

The other side was now bright and a blonde, middle aged man was on the screen. "Hey!", the man flashed a bright smile, "How's my little Angel?" "I'm good," I smiled back, "I heard you arrested a guy my age who killed his mom". "Oh yeah", Uncle Jim positioned himself, clearly uncomfortable with the topic, "Speak of the devil".

The camera was now capturing a handcuffed ginger with forest green eyes staring blankly into nowhere. He wore an Arkham Asylum uniform. His hair was slicked back but some strands were loose and drooped on his forehead. "Hi Jerome", I said, cutting the boy out of his gaze. Jerome looked at me blankly then a glow came up in his eyes and his straight lips were now curved into a smile.

"Well hello there princess", he cooed me, disgusting, "I never knew Jimmy had a beautiful niece". "Ain't too bad yourself ginger", I said, "I can see that you're a psycho already". "Oh no!", he put his hands in front of his mouth, pretending to be shocked, "Then the girls won't fall for me! What should I do, little princess?!" I chuckled at his acting. "You can start by meeting me at the asylum later on", I said checking my schedule in my phone. "Oooooohh interesting. Is my little princess a bad girl too?", Jerome leaned forward to the camera. "I am a psychiatrist", I said paying attention to my phone instead of him. The call became quiet as I started to read and replied to unread text my friends sent me.

"Hey!", Jerome called, clearly annoyed that I'm ignoring him, "Do you have a name?". I nodded, "Angel, Angel Gordon". "Can't wait to see you Angel", he went closer to the camera, grinning, "And when I do, you'll love spending time with me. " I went closer to the camera, following his moves. "Looking forward to it", I smiled and winked which made him grin bigger then I ended the call.

I tidied up my stuff to get ready for work and kissed my bird on the head goodbye. I slid down the stairs and greeted the old lady who was taking a smoke and lives next to me. She yelp in surprise but sighed and chuckled happily when she realised it was just me. "You little bastard", she joked. I took my motorcycle and I was off to the GCPD to drop off some stuff for Uncle Jim.

By the time I reached there, I saw Uncle Jim putting Jerome in a van to Arkham. I ran up to him and tapped his shoulder. "Hey Uncle Jim, I brought you and Detective Harvey some coffee", I said giving him two cups of coffee. "Thanks Angel", Uncle Jim said giving a kiss to my cheek as a thank you.

"Nuh uh", Jerome said, sitting tied to the van seat, "Don't get to close to her Jimmy. She's mine". "Oh really?", I asked, jumping into the van and sat across him. "Oh yess my little Angel", Jerome said, seductively, "You are mine and-" "I am yours", I completed his sentence which made him smile like a maniac. "Smart girl", Jerome laid back, "Why did a such pretty and intelligent girl end up in a city like Gotham?" "Let's just say", I stood up and slowly walked over to him, "I like psychopaths. With orange hair. Green eyes", I stopped till our noses nearly touch, "And a psychotic smile. You know any?".

"Hmm", Jerome hummed tapping his finger on his chin, "Oh! I know! Jerome Valeska". "Smart boy", I said, breaking our contact and jumped off the van, "Meet me in my office at 4p.m. for your session Mr.Valeska". "Looking forward to it Dr. Gordon", Jerome grinned before the door of the van closes and drove off. "I'll see you later Uncle Jim!", I said putting on my helmet. "Be careful with him Angel! You know what he's like", Uncle Jim said. "I know. I'm like him too", I turned on the engine and sped off into the morning bliss.