13

//Third Person POV//

"Ms Gordon?", Bruce asked as he and the girl turned to each other at the same time. "Angel please", the girl said. "Angel..", Bruce said, the name sounded beautiful from his tongue, "Have you ever been to a gala before?"

The girl nodded. "Multiple times", Angel smiled, "But I suppose your times at galas are much more than mine". Bruce chuckled at the light joke.

"I suppose so. I usually don't have company during those galas. Only Alfred", Bruce glanced at his butler reflected on the rear view mirror.

"We would be glad if you'd join us", Alfred said as he cleared his throat, "Bruce never liked galas like these so maybe some company will push him forward".

"Alright", Angel accepted the offer, "But I may not join you at all galas. My schedule has been quite packed lately". "Tell me if you need anything. I'd be happy to help", Bruce said, earning a thankful smile from the girl. "We're here", Alfred said as he pulled over to the side of the road.

The entrance was covered with bright flashes from paparazzi and the floor was covered with a bright red carpet. It was like a movie premiere. Alfred stepped out of the car and tossed the keys to the valet as he approached the door on Bruce's side. Bruce stepped out and gave Angel a hand as the lights started to get brighter and brighter. Bruce offered Angel his arm and Angel hooked her arm with his as they walked down.

"Bruce!", a reporter called, "I see that you have a date. Are you having a relationship with Angel Gordon?" The question stopped Bruce and made him turn to the reporter.

"No, Ms Gordon happened to be paying a visit at the Manor so I figured that I'll bring her along to the gala", Bruce explained.

"Are you a patron of the Gotham Children's Hospital, Ms Gordon?", the blonde reporter shoved her mic to Angel's face.

Angel slightly moved back from the reporter as she gave a warm smile. "I have just started being a patron a few years back", the girl said.

"How do you feel being a patron of the Children's Hospital and Bruce Wayne's date tonight?", the reported asked as her hands move around in unison as her words.

Angel chuckled lightly. "I'm just here for the children, not Bruce. Let's get that straight", the girl said as she laughed with the reporter, "and it feels great to do something good for a city that's been taken over by various aspects of crimes".

"Don't we all", the reporter smiled again, "Thank you for talking with us. Have a great night". The couple thanked them gratefully and ran a couple more questions and photographs. They soon entered the building and the doors shut between them.

Angel huffed in relief as she and Bruce laughed the awkward situation off. "Come on Bruce", Angel said before walking into the main hall and Bruce following behind.

Alfred came into the picture and walked beside Bruce. "Lovely girl ain't she?", Alfred said, "Better off with someone like her rather than Selina-". "Alfred", Bruce cut him off, "Please". "Right. Apologies Master Bruce", Alfred nodded as they walked into the main hall.

"Bruce", Angel called as she approached the boy, "I am so sorry but I have a friend who turns out to be here as well and she wants to show me a tour around the building and I can't say no to her. I may not be by your side for the whole night. Is it alright?"

"May I join then?", Bruce asked, "I've never liked magicians". "Well I'm not sure about that", Angel thought for a moment.

"I'm not so sure if Master Bruce would be able to come along", Alfred said as he joined in on the conversation, "It's Bruce's first gala to represent his parents so it is a must for Bruce to participate in the full event". The boy gave his butler an annoyed glare.