7

//Third Person POV//

Bang! "No!", Bruce yelled, "No Angel no!". Bruce fell to the ground as his eyes started to get watery. "Why are you crying Bruce?", Angel asked. Bruce looked up and saw Angel standing there confused. "B-But what about-", Bruce stuttered. "Oh the bullet?", Angel showed her palm with a gold bullet on it, "I caught it". Bruce's eyes stared in amazement. "H-How?"

"I'll tell you later. Now go", Angel flinched her head to the door, signaling him to leave. "I can't leave you here with him!", Bruce stepped away slowly from the ginger. "I said go!", Angel shouted. Bruce quickly left.

Jerome slowly walked up to the brown-haired girl as he giggled after Bruce left. He stopped right in front of her. The girl smiled and took the gun slowly from his hands. "I didn't know you were with some rich kid", Jerome said, his eyes focused on the girl, "I feel some competition around here". Angel rolled her eyes. "Oh please J", Angel put her hands on her hips sassily, "He's not even my type. Besides, I have one guy in mind".

"Who?", Jerome said, lowly. Is he being protective?, Angel thought. "You'll find out soon", Angel smiled. Jerome came even closer then gently held the girl's face with his hand and pulled her close as he closed his eyes. Then, Angel felt warm, delicate lips on hers. Before she could react, Jerome already pulled away.

"I like your lips princess", Jerome said, licking his, "I like vanilla". Angel was about to say something when an axe halfway cut through the door. What's wrong with people and doors?!, Angel said. "Well gotta go princess. Just needed to catch up with ya. I'll be back soon", Jerome gave another peck on the lips before he climbed out of the window, "See you my queen~". The farewell was followed by a maniacal laugh and a car speeding off.

Suddenly, the door had fallen and broke into pieces. Alfred was there, standing with a pickaxe in his hands and Bruce stood behind him. Alfred ran up to the girl and held her by her arms. "Ms Gordon, are you alright? What did that psycho bastard do to you?", Alfred continued on as questions left his mouth. Angel didn't pay attention. He kissed her. He kissed her. Angel only stood there smiling happily as Alfred checked if she was hurt.

"I'm fine Alfred", Angel said, "It's been a long day. I'm off to bed". The butler and the boy stood there confused. "Are you sure Angel?", Bruce asked. "I've been through worse than being at gunpoint Brucey", Angel said opening the trunk of clothes that Bruce had provided for her, "Now can you at least give me privacy? I'm trying to relax and sleep after a long day here".

"But what about dinner?", Alfred asked. "I don't usually eat dinner", Angel shrugged, "Don't worry. I'll be fine". "Please Ms Gordon", Bruce said, formally, "If you need anything, please tell me or Alfred. We would be glad to help you with your needs". "Thank you Mr Wayne", Angel bowed slightly.

Right after Bruce and Alfred left, the girl changed into comfortable clothes and laid down on the fluffy bed. Images of today's events flashed through her mind as her eyelids starts to close. Jerome was the last thing she thought of before everything turned black.

~The next day~

Angel woke up to a breakfast in bed made by Bruce. She thanked him and asked him if they wanted to have breakfast together but the boy refused. Great, she thought, I'm alone again. I wonder what's J doing.

😇: Hey J. You awake yet?

The girl took a bath while she waited for a reply. After she was all ready to go to Gotham University for her classes, Jerome still hasn't read or replied to her message. Maybe he's busy, Angel thought.

As she reached the first floor, she took a key from the counter and swiftly left the manor without Bruce or Alfred knowing. When she entered the garage, she saw her uncle standing beside one of the cars. "Oh hey uncle", Angel waved, "What are you doing here?". The man said nothing but pulled her out of the garage and into his police car. The car then drove off into the bliss.

***

The car stopped in front of the Gotham University. A man stepped out of the car from the driver's seat and opened the door of the passenger's seat. The girl stepped out with her bag hanging on one shoulder as she carried some books on the other side. "I'll be picking you up right after class so no meet ups with your friends alright?", the man said to the girl.

"Why are you suddenly being so attentive uncle Jim?", the girl asked, tilting her head to the side. "I heared what happened yesterday so I'm not taking any chances", Jim put his hands in his coat's pocket, "I don't want anything happening to my Angel". The girl smiled at his response.

"I'll see you at 10 then", Angel said, getting a nod from her uncle. "Let's stop at the diner before we go to the GCPD", her uncle suggested. "Okay", the girl agreed. The man gave a kiss on his niece's forehead. He went inside the car and drove off as the girl waved goodbye.

~a few hours later~

Angel stepped out of the gates with her friends and looked around looking for her uncle's car. A ding came from the girl's phone. She clicked on the notification and it was a message from uncle Jim.

👮: I can't pick you up right now. Turns out I have some extra cases to do. We'll hang out next time. I promise.

You said that last time, Angel thought. "Hey Angel", her friend Kate called, "Wanna watch my sister's team play?". Kate had a beautiful blonde locks and a pretty face. Her doll-like features and the ideal body every girl dreams of. She gets a lot of attention from guys. But she's kinda bad up there and she didn't even want to go to school.

"Uhm.. Sure", Angel shoved her phone in her pocket and proceeded to join her group of friends. "Whose car are we using?", Angel asked. "Mine", Kate said, facing Angel making her hair swish like a shampoo commercial.

They walked to a mustang and the girls hopped into the car. "You drive Angel", Kate tossed the keys to Angel before Kate sits on the passenger seat. Angel put her bag in the trunk and into the driver's seat. "Ready guys?", Angel said, getting a cheer, "Let's goo~" The girl stepped on the gas as the mustang drove off.