11

//James' POV//

The telephone on my table rang as I was just about to leave the office. I picked it up, wondering if it was going to be Barbara. "Hello", I said to the phone.

"Hey unc", a girl's voice said, "Remember the fortune teller dude?" My eyes widen in surprise as I knew who the voice belongs to. "Angel?!", I said, "What happened to you? Where did you go? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Uncle", the girl said, "How's Sarah?" My heart dropped when she said the commissioner's name. She doesn't know does she?, I thought. "Uhm, Jerome shot her in the shoulder. She's in the hospital right now. She's doing fine. She's healing", I lied.

I heard a sigh from the other end of the call. "Oh okay thank God", Angel said, "Oh! And by the way, Jerome and Tabby's going to Jerome's dad house. I'm following their van right now".

"No Angel don't follow them! You're gonna get yourself hurt!", I warned her. "I'm sure I can take care of myself Uncle Jim", Angel said.

"Angel! You're not going to get anyone else killed! You could've stopped Jerome from killing Sarah and now she's dead!", I yelled to the phone. The voice ringed through the building.

"What-What do you mean?", the girl's voice cracked. Then I realised what I said. "No Angel that's not what I meant", I softened my voice.

"I'm sure that's what you meant Uncle Jim. I didn't even get to say goodbye". Then the call ended. I slowly put the phone back to its place. The whole precinct was looking at me, even the people in the cells.

"Shouldn't you go back to work?", I exclaimed to them before they quickly went back to what they were doing. Oh no. What am I going to do with Angel?, I massaged my temples with my pointer and my thumb.

Lee invited me to go out to the Gotham Children Hospital gala and I knew I couldn't. She tried to reason with me and said that there was going to be a magician, of course I said yes. "Kiss me", Lee said that took me back. I kissed her when we were cut off by Harvey saying that Jerome's dad bailed on him and stayed in town. I told her I'll call her soon and kissed her goodbye.

//Angel's POV//

"I'm reporting live from the scene of the GCPD massacre. We have just obtained video footage of the attack recorded by one of the assailants", the blonde reporter said, "I wanna warn those of you watching, what you're about to see is very graphic". The screen then turned to a dead cop sitting on a chair when someone picked up the camera.

"Hello, Gotham City! We're The Maniax. And I'm Jerome, the shot-caller of out little gang. We're here to spread the message of wisdom and hope", the ginger chuckled when a man groaned and Jerome shot him, "Some people have no manners. You're all prisoners - he paused - What you call sanity - he shows his bottom half of his face to the camera - it's just a prison in your minds that stops you from seeing that you're just tiny, little cogs in a giant absurd machine - his hands spreaded as he said a giant absurd machine - WAKE UP!", The boy's face got more closer to the camera, "Why be a cog? Be free like us. Just like him". The boy proceeded to point at the dead cop on the chair and lifted up the end of the dead man's mouth with his pointer to make a smile as he laughed maniacally.

Sirens were then heard wailing in the distance. "Oh, time to go", Jerome put the camera back to the floor, "But don't worry, we'll be back very soon. Hang on to your hats folks, 'cause you ain't seen nothing yet!" He laughed again before the recording had ended. The blonde reporter came back to the screen but yet I was lost in his message.

Jerome and Tabby finally reached Jerome's dad. They sneaked into a window of the apartment as I stayed outside peering into the window without getting caught. I heard the door open and a man entered the room.

"Who's there?", the old man said. Tabitha stood behind him and silence was in the air. "Who's there?", the old man cut the silent atmosphere, "I know someone's there-". Tabitha stopped the man's words as she swiftly put her whip around the old man's neck.

"Hiya pops", Jerome came behind him, "Long time, no see". His voice went dark as he chuckled.

They went onto tie him and covered his mouth with a piece of fabric they found on the floor. Jerome grabbed a chair and sat next to him as Tabitha stood by his side. "So, how you doing?", words didn't come out the old man's mouth, "Ah, silent treatment, eh?. Jerome's accent echoes through the walls as I slowly jumped into the dark apartment.

Tabby looked at me and put her pointer over her lips signaling me to be quiet. I nodded and stood beside her. You wanna go out tonight?, I mouthed to her. No, she mouthed back. :(. I pouted as I opened the fridge and no food was there. Only some expired can food and rotten carrots. Like that will fix your eyes, I thought as I scoffed.

"There's no food here. Can we order pizza or somethin'?", I whispered to Tabby. "Oh! I forgot!", Jerome exclaimed as he turned to me with a smile on his face, "Angel, come here princess". I looked at Tabby as she looked at me before I strut towards the ginger.

"Yes J?", I cooed, giving him a peck on the lips. "You remember Mr Cicero, don't you?", Jerome eyed me. "Of course I do", I walked over to Mr Cicero's back and laid a hand on his shoulder causing him to shudder from the sudden touch.

"Remember when you tried to throw me off a cliff while we had a picnic in Arizona, Mr Cicero?", I whispered as I smiled and laid my hands on his shoulders and squeezed it hard enough to only let him squirm in the wooden chair, "Me, you, Jerome, Tom and Jeremiah. Just young youths chilling with a blind old man". My face quickly turned cold as I strided to his front and put my hands on the handles of the old chair, "Then you asked me and Tom to look over the cliffs and describe to you what we see. Only to get our asses pushed off the cliff. So there I was. Falling to the spiky bottom with the love of my life. I had my wings to save myself. But for him? It was too late".

~flashback~

The wind blows on my face as we screamed to our deaths. I can't believe we're dying this way. Blind man pushes two children to their deaths only to be called an accident. The Valeska twins obviously would be told to keep their mouths shut. And they will.

I looked over to Tom as his tears balled out from his eyes and in his eyes was only one emotion. Disappointed. I felt the large wings beneath my shirt tear it's way out and lift me up as the boy I love disappear into the mist below. One last look of the sapphire blue eyes before it turns into a dysfunctional shaped body with a pool of red around it. And I knew it. I knew that'll haunt me for eternity.

~end of flashback~

It still does.

"The circle of blood, coming out of his body. The dead in his eyes where it used to be as calm as the sky before the storm, but as wild as the sea during one. The love he had in his heart. To be filled with rage and disappointment. Because of you", I said as I sneakily took out a knife from Jerome's pocket and earning a sly smile from the boy. I twirled it around my fingers as little hums of the knife echoed the room.

The old man started to back away. But he can't. He's got nowhere to go. Should've left when he had the chance. "And now Mr Cicero", I put the knife to his neck, "I'm gonna kill ya for it".

¿

Hiii!! I know I haven't been updating for months now and I've finally updated!! I've kind of taken a break and I didn't think that this story would hit over 4.5k reads!! That is amazing! Thank you so much to everyone who gave this book a chance to be read and the love and support this book gets really motivates me to continue updating! Please do vote if you enjoyed this chapter and comment if you have some questions, suggestions, advice about the story as I will reply as soon as I can! Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, I've got a lot of time to update so please do expect updates in the upcoming weeks! Please stay at home, don't go outside if it's not needed and please take care of your hygiene! I hope this outbreak soon dies down and I wish the best for you all!! See you in the next chapter!!