8

//Third Person POV//

~A few hours before Angel finished her classes~

Where is she? I thought she was gonna come here like she said, the boy thought. Girls always lie, Jerome. Never expect them to. "Hey Jerome", a guard called, "Where's your girl? Thought you had her in your arms didn't ya". The guard and his friend laughed at him. The boy huffed and aimed his gun at them, immediately firing shots at the two men not even taking a single glance at them. The men quickly collapsed as the boy took a donut and took a large bite.

"Fine job yesterday gentlemen", Theo entered the room with newspaper on his hand and showed it to the whole room, "We opened big. The whole city knows your name now. So bravo! Give yourselves a round of applause!" The room clapped like the man said.

It was the same room again where the recruitment happened. A dining table was placed in the middle of the room decorated by a colourful breakfast of donuts and tea where everyone sat on each side of the table. Definitely one of the luxurious places Jerome has ever seen so far.

"Now we have Gotham's attention", Galavan set the newspaper on the table, "It's time for the Maniax to make a grand entrance". Theo walked around the table slowly. "Wasn't that it?", Jerome asked. The man stopped in his tracks. "That was the overture", he said, "Now the audience is hushed, expectant. The curtain rises". Theo said the last words slowly as he illustrates a curtain rising and continued walking.

"Then what happens?", Jerome asked, dragging the s. "Oh then, we confront Gothamites with their most primal fears. Take from them all they hold dear and sacred", Galaven put his hands on the ginger's shoulders. "And then what happens", the boy asked again, eager to know. "Why, then we offer them salvation. And then they are ours", Theo continued to walk around the table.

"Let's get busy man", Greenwood said. "Patience. First you gentlemen need to learn a little stagecraft", Galavan said. "Stage craft?", the curly haired man asked. "You're going to be on TV. You have to present yourselves with style and vigor", Theo explained, "Dobkins, say 'Good evening, ladies and gentlemen.' ". All three tried introducing themselves in their ways but only left Galavan dissapointed.

"Jerome?", Theo looked at him asking for a great introduction to show the others how it's done. Jerome cleared his throat and stood on his chair as he put his arms out. "Ladies and gentlemen", Jerome said, putting his right in the front and his left at the back, "Good evening". He ended the greeting with a smile.

"Very good, very charming", Theo said, proudly as Jerome sat down and laughed. "The laugh is fabulous", Theo chuckled, "Use that".

~present time~

"Hey Kate", Angel called, "Do we follow a bus or a car or what?". "We'll join the bus", Kate said, "Stop here". The car stopped right behind a yellow bus as cheering cheerleaders hop onto the vehicle. "Uhm I'll just tail along", Angel said as all the passengers got off the car with only Angel and Kate left. Kate nodded in agreement, "Alright then. Better catch up kay?". Angel smiled and her friend entered the bus.

Angel's pocket started to buzz and ring out a tune. Angel took the buzzing device and looked at the screen. It was a caller named

J🖤

Angel smiled to herself before answering the call. "Hi J", Angel greeted. "Hey there sugar", Jerome slurred, "I'm out with the boys here and we're kinda bored. Mind helping?" Angel thought for a moment before a wide smile spreaded across her face. "I got some cheerleaders here", Angel said, "Do you have any toys at hand?"