12

//Angel's POV//

So Mr Cicero's dead. Uncle Jim and Harvey came on time before I slit Mr Cicero's neck. But when I was about to, Jerome took the knife and stabbed the old man's eye. I guess that looked better for him. We sneaked out the window and found our way through the building and hid in the hallway.

Jerome put a can of sleeping gas under Mr Cicero's hand so when Uncle Jim and Harvey tries to investigate what the can is, they'll fall into slumber. It actually happened and I trailed behind Jerome who was whistling as he waltzed down the hall.

Uncle Jim was sitting on the floor nauseous with Harvey knocked out on his lap. "Detective Gordon", Jerome squatted beside him as I leaned on the wall and watched, "Oh wow that gas sure packs a wallop". The cop tried to point his gun at Jerome but the gas started to take him in and the ginger had stopped him and took the gun out of his hands.

"That's cute", Jerome said as the cop laid his head on Jerome's shoulder. The ginger patted the weak cop's head as he smiled softly making me smile. He's cuter though. Uncle Jim gathered as much power as he can to shove Jerome up the wall across them and grabbed his throat.

"I-I'm sensing", Jerome managed to say, "Anger". "You killed Sarah Essen", Uncle Jim growled, earning a happy nod from Jerome, "Now I'm gonna kill you". Jerome smiled as he took Uncle Jim's gun out and pointed it to the cop's head.

"Don't shoot him", I said as Tabitha appeared with a mask on. My voice made Uncle Jim turn to me which gives Jerome a chance to hit him on the head with the gun. Uncle Jim fell to the ground and looked at me with his tired eyes. I smiled and waved at him as Jerome got back to his feet.

"How about a little flesh wound?", Jerome groaned as he fixed the collar of his shirt. "No no", Tabby walked up to the cop, "My dibs". The cop took one last look before Tabby knocked him out with her boot.

"Anyways", Jerome snaked his arm around my waist, "I'm gonna do this show at a gala tonight and I was wondering if you'd like to come?"

"Sure", I shrugged, "Got nothing to do anyways". Tabby rolled her eyes at us and pulled me away gently from Jerome's arms as she guided me down the hallway.

We walked to the van with Jerome trailing behind when I felt a buzz in my pocket. I took the buzzing device and there was a blocked number calling. I accepted the call and put the phone beside my ear.

"Hello, Angel speaking", I said as I watched Jerome and Tabby get in the van. There was no response on the other side and I checked if the person was still on the call. The person was still on the call. "Is anyone there?", I said again.

Jerome and Tabby gave me a concerned look and I gave them an assuring smile. Moments passed and no one spoke so I just decided to end the call and put my phone back to my pocket.

"Who was that?", Jerome asked, sounding genuinely curious. Haven't seen that in a while. "Just some blocked number", I shrugged, "They didn't say anything though".

"Weird", Tabby commented, "Come on ginger. You gotta suit up for tonight". Tabby patted Jerome's shoulder before hopping on to the driver seat.

"Are you gonna come with us Angel?", Jerome asked as he sat on the last seat holding the door wide open for the girl to come in.

"Nah, I'll see you at the gala. Besides", I looked at an incoming vehicle, "I got a ride". My motorcycle came just in time as I waved Jerome goodbye and gave Tabby a peck on her cheek.

"Angel", Tabby called as I put my helmet on, "Wear something silver. It'll match mine". I nodded and closed the face shield before starting the engine.