Chapter 67 -Day 3: Ours Friends Arrived-

7…6…5…4…3 days!

Today was our day for strategy talk. Siobhan, Liam and Maggie had arrived early this morning when I was still sleeping. So when I woke up, I was alone in the room apart from Carlie, who was for the last days sleeping in our bedroom in her cradle. I grabbed my robe and got up to her. She was still sleeping, but not for long anymore. She always woke up around 8 o’clock.

I sighed and walked into the bathroom. I looked sleepily into the floor length mirror but then did a double take. I turned around and looked at myself from both sides. My belly has grown considerably. It rather looked like I would be five months along. There was no way I could hide it from people with clothes anymore. I showered but then looked at the clothes I’ve picked out. I had chosen a pair of normal jeans and a blouse but I doubted that any of that would fit. I grabbed my towel and tiptoed over to our bedroom and into the closet. I looked through everything but of course the maternity clothes were nowhere. Knowing Alice, she had already put them away… I wouldn’t have any trousers that would fit and the same applies to skirts. I looked through my dresses and found one flowing one. It was dark blue and was more a babydoll dress. I put that on, but as it wasn’t suited for my stomach and thus, it stuck out in the front and looked a little weird. Like that I walked downstairs.

I didn’t know that the Irish coven had already arrived and was positively surprised to see them in the living room talking with Carlisle, Jasper, Edward and Bella. Carlisle turned around at once and smiled lovingly at me, but then he saw my stomach and at once realized that I had definitely looked differently when I fell asleep yesterday. He rushed over to me, “Has the baby…?” “Yeah, I haven’t felt anything, but the little one has definitely made a growth spurt last night,” I told him with a smile to calm him down. “And you are fine?” he asked. “I am,” I reassured him and took his hand.

He guided me over to the others and our guests. Right then Alice walked into the room and saw me. I thought she wanted to say something about my outfit, but Edward silenced her with a look. Carlisle stopped suddenly and broke my out of my thoughts. He laid his arm around my waist and stood a bit in front of me. Always his protective self… “Hi, Siobhan,” I greeted her as she was closest to me. She smiled and hugged me. “Good to see you again,” she said. She watched my stomach for a second but then talked further. Carlisle or someone else must have told them about my state. I greeted Maggie and Liam and we talked about what had happened in the last nearly two years since we haven’t seen each other. Maggie couldn’t await meeting our daughter and even Liam was curious to meet yet another baby Cullen.

Just as the doorbell rang, Carlie started to call for me. Carlisle went to open the door and I rushed upstairs. I walked into the bedroom and saw that Carlie was sitting in the cradle and watched me with her big blue-hazel eyes. She grinned at me and lifted her arms up. I lifted her into my arms and hugged her. I kissed her hand and she leaned against my shoulder.

Just then Alice walked into the room. “What are you wearing?” she asked and walked past him into the closet. “Good morning to you, too,” I laughed. “I couldn’t find anything that fits anymore,” I explained. I ordered new clothes for you, they are in here. She rummaged through some drawers and then presented a pink bag to me. “How should I know that? The closet is nearly as big as our bedroom. I cannot find stuff even if I know they exist. Alice, you cannot expect me to find things I didn’t even know were there!” “Yeah, yeah, sorry,” she muttered but then with a huge grin gave me the bag. “I rather bought some sturdy clothes. I thought we could go shopping after all this mess and then you can choose some nice outfits. Not that these are not nice,” she explained to me.

I sat Carlie onto the bed and sat next to her to look at the clothes. Carlie was curious, too and crawled over to the paper bag to play with it. I found two pairs of jeans, some blouses, t-shirts and a wider leather jacket. “Thanks,” I told Alice and hugged her. “I couldn’t let you walk around like that,” she laughed. “That is your opinion, I think this dress isn’t even half as bad,” I said, but knew that these clothes were definitely better. She patted my shoulder and then walked out of the room with a last wink.