deux

📼 bad guy
billie eilish
_______

"dude, what's got you in such a mood?" taehyung asked, examining his friend who was angrily cutting the leaves off a rose bouquet.

"don't 'dude' me," jeongguk replied, not taking his eyes off the flowers. "i won't hesitate to use these on you," and jeongguk poked the scissors in taehyung's direction. the older didn't even flinch. he only rolled his eyes and went back to looking at some yellow daffodils.

"rose told me adriana was upset."

jeongguk scoffed, setting the scissors down as he admired his work. "is that so."

"it is so, jeongguk," taehyung reprimanded. "what's going on?"

"nothing," jeongguk answered, making eye contact with his best friend. taehyung's curious eyes burrowed into him. "can you drop it?"

taehyung sighed a heavy sigh. "don't treat her like shit."

"i'm not treating her like shit."

"then don't let her treat you like shit."

"she's not treating me like shit!" jeongguk snapped. the two people who were looking at roses at the far end of the shop paused and looked in their direction. jeongguk gave a faint smile before scowling at taehyung with beady eyes. "i said drop it."

and taehyung did. but not without internal curiosity and hesitation. something was wrong and he knew it. it was sad to him that adriana had to feel the fallout from it, but taehyung had seen for a long time that she wasn't the one for his friend. it was just a matter of time before jeongguk broke her heart.