vingt-quatre

📼 when we were young
adele
_______

if someone asked jeongguk to pinpoint the moment in his life he felt everything shift, he wouldn't know what to say.

to have one, just one, pivotal moment that was a shift in the mainframe, was truly juvenile, jeongguk supposes.

for him, a bunch popped into mind.

was it the moment he decided to leave korea? was it the moment he started writing elise the letters? was it the moment he bought the flower shop? was it the moment he realized the letters were only but a coping mechanism? was it the moment he stopped writing them - the moment he finally got one back?

was it elise in paris, his city?

he didn't know. all had an equal effort in making a rift in his life. each shaped him differently, but each as meaningful as the last.

"gguk!"

the love drunk pair manage to peel their eyes away from each other for one second to see taehyung standing impatiently at the entrance to the ball room. his eyes are wide with excitement, broach shining in the golden light.

"get in here! they want your picture!"

oh, right. the gala.

jeongguk smiles brightly down at elise as she whispers that she just needs to use the washroom and she'll meet him at the table. the younger boy scrambles after his best friend, high on life as they manoeuvre their way through the white tables.

"i kissed her," jeongguk says breathily from behind taehyung.

"you what?"

"i did it, tae," jeongguk says happily. "i kissed her and told her i never stopped loving her."

taehyung turns around to face the younger once they reach the table. his eyebrows are furrowed in a hard line against his icy eyes, lips set in a firm dash.

"you said that?" he asks. jeongguk nods like a jumpy bunny. "and you meant it?"

jeongguk scrunches his eyebrows together in confusion. "what do you mean? of course i meant it."

taehyung just looks at his best friend and grumbles something under his breath before taking his seat at the table and a couple people come to pamper jeongguk before he can question the older.

elise is by his side only moments after, her hand finding his immediately, grounding him as he can see a wave of people approaching him, for whatever reason. what had happened while they were gone?

"mr. jeon!" one person exclaims as the mob approaches. "please, tell us about your inspiration for tonight's pieces."

jeongguk feels his cheeks flush, elise's hand squeezing his in silent support.

"well," jeongguk smiles happily, "it all started with paris..."