neuf

📼 aurora
ateez
_______

rose walked into jeongguk's apartment and was immediately bombarded with the stench of vomit and roses, two smells she never would have thought would be together.

"tae?" she called into the apartment, warily looking at the mound of blankets that was on the couch, the rest of the apartment empty of the site of the two boys. she gagged a bit and had to stick her head out one of the windows to relieve herself of nausea.

"in here!" his voice hollered back. rose looked skeptically to all the open windows, but then realized that's where the rose smell came from. jeongguk had red rose planters hung off the railing on his windows.

she stepped over a couple empty buckets and a few shirts before she found them in the bathroom, jeongguk sitting on the toilet while taehyung had a cold cloth pressed to his forehead. her boyfriend looked back at her and sheepishly smiled. "welcome," he greeted her.

rose scrunched her nose at the smell. jeongguk looked just as hagrid as the aura he gave off. his dark hair was disheveled and he had visible dark circles under his closed eyes. rose guessed he hadn't slept in a while.

"rose," jeongguk croaked out.

rose leaned up against the door jam, feeling immensely sad for the wrecked boy that sat in front of her. "yes, jeonggukie?"

"oh good," jeongguk said as the towel slipped down a little to cover his eyes. "i was hoping it was you."

rose giggled as taehyung stood up and placed his hands on his hips, leaning to give her a quick kiss. "hi honey," he smiled. "welcome to the fun."

rose stilled and sighed. she wanted to do something to make jeongguk feel better and take the weight off of taehyung's shoulders, but she didn't know how to. "i-uh- i found her," she whispered to taehyung, who looked to her with expecting eyes. jeongguk groaned from the toilet and both of them looked to him. the towel had fallen off and his head had sunk into his chest, staring down at his bare feet.

"c'mon buddy," taehyung said, lifting his chin up and placing the towel on his forehead once again.

rose took her purse off her shoulder and set it down on the counter. "i'm going to call adriana," she said but jeongguk's eyes instantly shot open and he waved his hands at her.

"no," he begged, "don't call her. i don't want her to know."

rose sighed and leaned up against the door jam to the small bathroom once again. "jeongguk, she should know."

"and i'll tell her," he said as taehyung kept the towel glued to his forehead with his hand. "just not yet. she can't see me like this."

rose paused and contemplated it. adriana was a very nice person. they had become friends in the time they had dated the two boys. adriana could be clingy at times, but it was all with good intentions. she just wanted to look after jeongguk.

"alright," rose agreed. "but she will know eventually. you can't hide a whole person from her."

jeongguk sulked against the back of the toilet, allowing taehyung to let go of the towel. a grown came from jeongguk's mouth as taehyung back away slowly and stood up again. he gave a small smile to rose before he left the bathroom, saying, "i'm going to grab him some water."

rose nodded sadly and paid attention to jeongguk. he was so broken—from just one encounter, at that. what would happen if elise showed up again?

rose sighed and mumbled, "what are we going to do with you?"