onze

📼 night changes
one direction
_______

"so, how bad was he?" rose asked as the two of them sat on jeongguk's couch, utterly exhausted from having to take care of their man child. they heard the shower finally turn on, indicating that the younger had at last gotten into it to wash himself. rose was going to gouge her eyes out if he didn't rid himself of the vomit stench soon.

taehyung smirked a little. "when i woke him up he wouldn't stop singing 'elise navidad'. i'm going to have that stuck in my head now 'till next christmas." rose giggled, pulling a blanket up over her chilly legs.

the two sat in silence, just listening to the rush of the shower and the commotion of the busy street out the open windows. rose thought jeongguk's apartment was nice. it was surely bigger than their's, his having ridiculously high ceilings that allowed for a bountiful amount of natural sunlight to pour in. but she also loved her and taehyung's place. it was cozy and warm and filled with things from his travels around the world. it was home to her.

"i should go check on him," taehyung said, making a motion to get up from the couch. rose pulled him back down, scooting closer to him as she kissed his cheek.

"no, it's okay," she whispered to him. taehyung shivered, still amazed at how frazzled he got from just her touch. "i'll stay here. you should go check on down stairs. poor arielle was there alone the whole day."

taehyung turned his head to look at rose, stealing a kiss from her lips in the process. "okay," he smiled. he got up from the couch, giving her blonde hair one last compassionate stroke. "i've had enough of playing parent for the day."

rose chuckled. "you don't like it?"

"let's just say i'm glad he's not my actual baby," taehyung replied, slinging his jacket over his shoulders and grabbing his phone from the table beside the door.

"but you do like kids, right?"

taehyung paused by the door, his hand on the knob. he nodded sheepishly, "i would hardly call jeongguk a kid."

rose gave him a small smile from the couch and taehyung left. she stared at the door as it closed, and for minutes after he was gone. he did want kids, didn't he? he hadn't properly answered her and the fear for the lack thereof scared her.

the wanted the same things, didn't they?