dix-sept

📼 just friends
virginia to vegas
_______

the hotel was nice. jeongguk had seen a lot over his time in paris. he had been gracious enough to provide floral arrangements for the fanciest of galas and balls in these hotels.

but this one, he hadn't seen before. it was traditional and classical, an almost castle-like structure to the building. as soon as the cab pulled up, he knew elise was probably over joyed the minute she was in the same position as him—she lives for this kind of stuff. it's what drew them to paris in the first place, actually. elise always loved the architecture and the history behind the buildings. she was happy to plan the whole adventure by herself—where they would live, what they would do, how they would do it. jeongguk always thought it was cute. his best friend from home, jimin, thought she was a narcissistic control freak that did things like this just so she could keep a tight leash on jeongguk, but jeongguk knew better.

so, the hotel suited her.

he walked to the front desk, a smile on his face as he greeted the concierge in french and asked how to get to elise's room.

and then, he was standing in front of her door, his palms sweaty and heart beating at an unnatural rate in his chest. and the moment was real. he was standing in front of her door, to do what, exactly?

he possibly couldn't tell her he loved her and wanted her back because that was absurd.

so he knocked.

and the door opened moments after.

elise appeared, her face shocked, but stricken with its usual innocence and youth.

"elise," jeongguk breathed out, still not really knowing why he chose to do this.

elise sighed, "jeongguk," and she slammed the door in his face.

jeongguk pursed his lips, a lopsided grin on his face as he looked down to his shoes. he guessed he deserved that.

then, the door creeks and elise appears on the other side with a smile and playful eyes.

"sorry," she apologized. "i just had to do that."

and they share a laugh,

jeongguk feeling light as he walks into her room after the small girl herself.