treize

📼 bloom
troye sivan
_______

taehyung looked ominously as he and elise stepped outside into the cloudy spring day. the small figure turned around to face him and she looked a little worried.

"how do you know my name?" she asked as soon as her and taehyung reached the little bistro table and chairs that jeongguk had sat outside for his guests.

taehyung scoffed, watching as the wind swept up her hair. she was pretty, he'd have to admit. her appearance was striking, and even though she was small, she seemed fierce. "oh please," he snarled, "everyone within a five metre radius of jeongguk knows who you are."

elise paused, almost seemed to be shaken, but then her face froze and became blank—no inch of worry left on it. "you know jeongguk?"

"you sound surprised," taehyung chimed.

"n-no," elise shook her head, "i just didn't really expect you to." taehyung smirked at her, but it wasn't a pleasant smirk. it was devious and a little hateful. "wait," elise queried, "you're taehyung."

"in the flesh."

a small smile danced across her lips. "you wrote to me."

"indeed i did."

"then you know... everything," she said, more of in question than anything, something left up in the air for the man himself to answer.

"no," taehyung replied. "jeongguk was a pretty closed book when it came to you. all that i know is that you fucked him up pretty bad." elise's gaze fell as he uttered the last words. "so bad, that he had to come halfway across the world. so why are you here?"

elise bit her lip, taehyung guessing it was a habit. jeongguk had the same one. "to talk to him."

"you came all the way to paris to talk?" taehyung asked in hangul, his true roots coming out as he got angrier.

elise was a little stunned, but nonetheless adapted to speak along with him. "what i need to say c-can't be done over phone or-or paper. w-we need to talk like real adults, face to face—you know, i-i don't know why i'm telling you this," she exclaimed, sitting back in her chair.

taehyung bit the inside of his cheek, trying to think of the best thing to say to her. "elise, i suggest you leave him alone. there's no place for you here."

"i—" elise started, but stopped, biting her bottom lip. taehyung could tell she was holding back tears, and he felt bad. but then he remembered all the nights he stayed up with jeongguk because he couldn't fall asleep because of the night terrors, or all the nights he dragged jungkook home after a long night out at the bar. she wasn't here for him then, he was, so why should she be allowed in now? taehyung thought there was no need for her.

and elise believed him.