seize

📼 lose you to love me
selena gomez
_______

elise was a lot of things.

she was naive.

she was tricky.

but most importantly, she was truthful.

having come from a large family where things tended to be forgotten, but personalities got heightened, she learned at a young age that in order to stand out you had to be unique and have your own voice. that was simply the key to surviving.

her boldness is what attracted jeongguk in the first place.

he was quiet and intelligent, and so, so naive, just like her. they fit, like the two perfect puzzle pieces they were—very complex and quite confusing.

jeongguk thought that that's maybe why they worked. it was all jumbled and messy, but perhaps that's why they were together for so long before their demise.

their demise, however, jeongguk felt was inevitable. their complicatedness and their aggressive personalities eventually overwhelmed the love they had for each other, and then... it was over—like a nightmare, or a dream, he hadn't decided yet. but it was over.

all that he knew was that they loved each other, and it faded slowly over time. they were both just too caught up in other things to realize that what they had was no longer there. the flame had vanished, burnt out.

so jeongguk couldn't figure out why he felt a pain, knowing that elise was probably on her way back to korea by now.

it was bizarre and absurd and jeongguk knew he was out of his mind. but he wanted to talk with her, he wanted to hear her voice again, not some fabricated version his mind had created. he wanted elise to stay. this time he wanted her to stay.

"hello? jeongguk, you still with me?" the voice on the other end of his phone called.

"o-oh, yeah-yeah," he stuttered, sitting up straight in his chair. "sorry, i was thinking."

"what do you need again?"

jeongguk paused, biting his lip and looking down shamefully to his feet. "do you think she's still in paris?"

the other end was silent.

then, "i honestly don't know. i'm sorry, jeongguk."

"no, no," he pitifully smiled. "i drove her away. don't be sorry. it's my own fault."

another pause.

"if you want, i could give you the address of the hotel she was staying in. maybe she's still here?"

hope. that's what rose was giving him from the other end of a cellphone.

and you know what they say about hope—

it breeds eternal misery.